***** About.com Best Educational App Readers' Choice Awards 2013 - 2nd Place!
***** SmartAppsForKids.com 2012 Readers' Choice Top 10!
***** 2010 Best App Ever Awards - 2nd Place in Education!
TeachMe: Reception is known as TeachMe: Kindergarten in the U.S.
TeachMe: Reception is an educational iPhone/iPad/iPod touch app which teaches six different age appropriate subjects to Reception aged children: sight words, addition, subtraction, spelling and now writing letters and numbers. Parents can select which subjects they want, set different difficulty levels, and even choose specific questions. Parents can review performance history for each subject to check how their child is doing.
TeachMe: Reception keeps children engaged with a rather unique reward system where children earn a coin for every three correct answers. Coins can then be used to purchase stickers to place in fun sticker scenes or to purchase items for the new virtual aquarium. Sticker scenes can be exported as wallpaper or emailed to family and friends.
The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be child friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. An animated teacher (Mimi Mouse) gives verbal instructions and feedback to the child which makes learning fun.
• Virtual Aquarium reward (4 types of fish and 40+ items)
• 6 different sticker reward scenes: farm, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city, playground
• Over 150 different stickers for adding to scenes
• Save learning information for up to 40 students
• Select which subjects are displayed for each student
• Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
• Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
• Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
• Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
• Export sticker rewards scenes to Photos, for emailing or using as wallpaper
• Sight Words: Dolch (Pre-K), Dolch (K)
• Addition: up to a total of 10
• Subtraction: from 10 down
• Spelling: complete words by choosing the missing letter
• Letter Writing: how to write letters a-z, A-Z
• Number Writing: how to write numbers 0-9.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help & suggestions as we cannot respond to reviews.
Be sure to try the other apps in the TeachMe series: TeachMe: Toddler, TeachMe: 1st Grade, TeachMe: 2nd Grade, and TeachMe: 3rd Grade!
• Improve app launch time
• Various bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Best leaning app got KG
We use it at our school. The kids live it and it really makes a difference for our struggling learners.
My daughter lived this app before kindergarten and during. It makes math and language fun for her.
My 3 year old loves it. I also used it in my classroom for a student with very limited motivation. I allowed him to get a sticker after every correct answer he got. This is the only learning app I found that kept him motivated (and I tried a lot of them!).
The only problem I have with the app is that there is no option to sync across devices. I would happily pay an annual subscription fee to make that option available to me.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.