Team Shake provides a technological and environmentally friendly way to choose teams for board games, sporting events, tournaments, school projects or anytime groups are required. The newest release brings many new features including full iPad support, balancing teams based on skill or gender, importing users from a file, enabling video output, and sharing teams via facebook or email.
Team Shake is the premier iOS App for creating teams. Instead of a hat and scraps of paper, the user enters his friends' names in his iPhone and gives it a shake. The screen will then display a random set of color-coded teams. These teams can immediately be used for game play or shared via facebook or email. The quick and easy selection of random (or balanced) teams eliminates fighting over who will be on which team. Innovative use of the iPhone shake gesture gives users the satisfying feeling of shaking a virtual hat without the trouble of carrying around an actual hat. Conventional buttons can also be used for those who would rather not shake their expensive hardware about.
The app is designed with ease of use and simplicity in mind. Names can easily be entered with the onscreen keyboard, chosen from the user's contacts, or imported from a file. The email and facebook functions document the members of each individual team as well as preserving the team number and color assigned by the app. For repeated use of Team Shake, lists of friends can be easily saved and loaded later. The current list is also automatically saved so that if you exit the app, or even reboot the device, changes will not be lost. For teachers and others with large lists of people, Team Shake supports the ability to import teams from text or csv files.
If you have any problems, feature requests, or comments please send an email to email@example.com.
* Create 1 to 64 random teams
* Create completely random or balanced teams
* Full iPad support
* Eliminates fighting over choosing teams
* Share / Save teams via email or Facebook
* Teams can be chosen by the number of teams or by the size of teams.
* Save lists of friends for later games
* Import lists from email or spreadsheet
* Export lists and options for use on another device
* Satisfying feeling of shaking a “virtual” hat to create teams
* Animated shaking hat
* Entry of names via onscreen keyboard
* Entry of names via iPhone contacts
* Temporarily disable people who are absent
* Set groups of people to always be on the same team
* Set groups of people to always be on different teams
* Set user strength to make more even teams (now supports fully balanced teams)
* 5 users strengths level
* Pick a single random person from the list of players
* User strength indicator on the main screen (can be disabled in options)
* Number of active players and total players is now displayed on the main screen
* Video Out Support
* Option to Sort Teams by Name
* Option to balance male / female team members
* "Equal Ability" option to create teams where all players have the same strength
* Option to create separate male and female teams
* Configurable Team Colors
* Configurable Team Names
* Print Support
* Export Teams in CSV or XLS Format
Yappler-Tags: Teams, Groups, Random, Hat, Entertainment, Games, Utilities
This version fixes a bug in the iPad version that prevents iPad users from editing user settings. It also slightly improves the excel export function.
Ratings and Reviews
I mean nothing that’s really bad. Just could use something new to make it pop out. Thanks for the app!
Great for Teachers
I have used this app to sort each of my classes into random groups. The absent feature is useful, as well as the feature that allows me to put students on opposing teams (ie they won't be in the same group).
I have used this to create a seating plan on the fly when it was clear the kids needed a change. These were things that took me a fair bit of time in the past.
*update*. The new update makes it even easier for me to temporarily remove absent students, and also allows me to pick a random student to ask a question to. Great!
Such a fabulous app. Everyone I've shared it with has bought it too. Love the ability to keep specific students apart, but wish there was a way to hide the numbers indicating the oppose teams. I really like that I can choose to have a certain number of teams, or a specific number of people per team. Contrary to other reviewer, there actually is a function that allows you to pick a student at random.
Developer Response ,
We are thrilled to hear how much you love Team Shake. We also wanted to point out that you can hide the numbers that indicate the oppose teams. This is controlled by the "Student View" option. Just hit the action button on the bottom right and choose "Toggle Student View". Hope this makes using the app even better! Thanks for the feedback!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.