Team Shake provides a technological and environmentally friendly way to choose teams for board games, sporting events, tournaments, school projects or anytime groups are required. The newest release brings many new features including full iPad support, balancing teams based on skill or gender, importing users from a file, enabling video output, and sharing teams via facebook or email.
Team Shake is the premier iOS App for creating teams. Instead of a hat and scraps of paper, the user enters his friends' names in his iPhone and gives it a shake. The screen will then display a random set of color-coded teams. These teams can immediately be used for game play or shared via facebook or email. The quick and easy selection of random (or balanced) teams eliminates fighting over who will be on which team. Innovative use of the iPhone shake gesture gives users the satisfying feeling of shaking a virtual hat without the trouble of carrying around an actual hat. Conventional buttons can also be used for those who would rather not shake their expensive hardware about.
The app is designed with ease of use and simplicity in mind. Names can easily be entered with the onscreen keyboard, chosen from the user's contacts, or imported from a file. The email and facebook functions document the members of each individual team as well as preserving the team number and color assigned by the app. For repeated use of Team Shake, lists of friends can be easily saved and loaded later. The current list is also automatically saved so that if you exit the app, or even reboot the device, changes will not be lost. For teachers and others with large lists of people, Team Shake supports the ability to import teams from text or csv files.
If you have any problems, feature requests, or comments please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Create 1 to 64 random teams
* Create completely random or balanced teams
* Full iPad support
* Eliminates fighting over choosing teams
* Share / Save teams via email or Facebook
* Teams can be chosen by the number of teams or by the size of teams.
* Save lists of friends for later games
* Import lists from email or spreadsheet
* Export lists and options for use on another device
* Satisfying feeling of shaking a “virtual” hat to create teams
* Animated shaking hat
* Entry of names via onscreen keyboard
* Entry of names via iPhone contacts
* Temporarily disable people who are absent
* Set groups of people to always be on the same team
* Set groups of people to always be on different teams
* Set user strength to make more even teams (now supports fully balanced teams)
* 5 users strengths level
* Pick a single random person from the list of players
* User strength indicator on the main screen (can be disabled in options)
* Number of active players and total players is now displayed on the main screen
* Video Out Support
* Option to Sort Teams by Name
* Option to balance male / female team members
* "Equal Ability" option to create teams where all players have the same strength
* Option to create separate male and female teams
* Configurable Team Colors
* Configurable Team Names
* Print Support
* Export Teams in CSV or XLS Format
Yappler-Tags: Teams, Groups, Random, Hat, Entertainment, Games, Utilities
-- Version 2.5.4
Fixed several iOS 11 related bugs
-- Version 2.5.3
Fixed several iOS 10 related bugs
-- Version 2.5.2
Fixed an issue that prevents users from being added from your contact list in iOS 10
Add support for commas in name when importing from a spreadsheet
Added an easy to access help button on the main page
-- Version 2.5.1
Optimized for iOS 9.0
Added a new request feature to allow users to be sorted by strength
-- Version 2.5.0
Fixed 2 bugs
- One that prevented Teams from being created if the phone was shaken on an incorrect screen
- One that prevented other Subteams from working correctly when the "Subteam 1 in Team 1" option was chosen
-- Version 2.4.9
Fixed a bug that caused Team Shake create a new set of teams whenever teams were shared.
-- Version 2.4.8
Fixed a bug that caused Team Shake to hang or run slowly on iOS7
Fixed a bug that caused iOS7 users to have problems saving teams
Fixed a bug that caused the Require 2 Females / Require 2 Males options to not work when balancing based on strengths
New updated icons are now used on the main screen
-- Version 2.4.7
Fixed a bug that caused Team Shake to crash or hang for users using iOS7
Fixed a bug that prevented iOS7 users from scrolling down to see all teams
Added New Options / Features
- Pick Random Users on Main Screen now cycles through all users before repeating users by default (original behavior can be selected in the options menu)
- Two new option to force teams to always require teams to have a minimum of two girls (or two boys) on a team. This prevents the situation where a team will have all boys except for one girl (or all girls except for one boy).
-- Version 2.4.6
Fixed a bug where gender colors where not shown on the main screen
-- Version 2.4.5
Minor update to allow images to be sent via Text Message
-- Version 2.4.4
Bug fix release for serious issue where iPhone 6 / 6 Plus phones could not see the team selection bar
-- Version 2.4.3
Full Support for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus Screen Size
Support for Rotation to Landscape
New options available to customize Team Shake Even further:
- Single Uneven Sized Team - Create only one small team
- Show Subteam Bubble - Show or hide the sub team bubbles
- Show Oppose Team Bubble - Show or hide the oppose team bubble
- Team Size Preview - Preview the number and size of teams to be created when you change the selection
- Use Student View - Single toggle that hides player strings and subteam / oppose team bubbles
- Direct link to the Team Shake Demo Video
- Direct link to the Team Shake Help Guide
- New options to handle how teams are sorted with Male and Female players
- Option to control the size of the font used for the players in the main screen and in the generated teams
- Option to control the size of the font used when picking a single random player
- Option to control the number of columns that are used on the Teams Page
Ratings and Reviews
I mean nothing that’s really bad. Just could use something new to make it pop out. Thanks for the app!
Great for Teachers
I have used this app to sort each of my classes into random groups. The absent feature is useful, as well as the feature that allows me to put students on opposing teams (ie they won't be in the same group).
I have used this to create a seating plan on the fly when it was clear the kids needed a change. These were things that took me a fair bit of time in the past.
*update*. The new update makes it even easier for me to temporarily remove absent students, and also allows me to pick a random student to ask a question to. Great!
Such a fabulous app. Everyone I've shared it with has bought it too. Love the ability to keep specific students apart, but wish there was a way to hide the numbers indicating the oppose teams. I really like that I can choose to have a certain number of teams, or a specific number of people per team. Contrary to other reviewer, there actually is a function that allows you to pick a student at random.
We are thrilled to hear how much you love Team Shake. We also wanted to point out that you can hide the numbers that indicate the oppose teams. This is controlled by the "Student View" option. Just hit the action button on the bottom right and choose "Toggle Student View". Hope this makes using the app even better! Thanks for the feedback!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.