TELUS EMR Mobile
Patient care is now accessible anywhere, anytime.
TELUS EMR Mobile – iPhone Edition extends the capability of your electronic medical record (EMR) solution. Through the security of our EMR infrastructure, this application allows you to view the patients you have scheduled, access your patient medical profiles, and directly phone or map to any contact in your EMR address book. In addition, you can document your patient visits by taking photos and uploading them to your EMR.
Download this app today to unlock the power of patient care.
IMPORTANT: Access to the TELUS EMR Mobile app requires you be an authorised user of a qualified, licensed installation of a TELUS EMR.
• View your clinic schedule
• Quickly access patient information between or during visits
• Phone and/or locate your patients
• Phone and/or locate consultants, medical facilities including pharmacies stored in your EMR address book
• Document patient visits using your iPhone camera
For more information on new versions please visit: https://www.telushealth.co/page/emr-mobile-whats-new/
Discover exclusive mobility offers available to the clinic staff and family members of TELUS Health EMR customers. To learn more, visit the following page: www.telushealth.co/page/mobility-offers-telus-health-emr-customers/
The following is the list of new functionalities and fixes in this version of the TELUS EMR Mobile app. Some of these changes will be usable or visible to you only after a corresponding update to your main TELUS EMR version (Wolf, Med Access, PS Suite, KinLogix, or Medesync). For more information on new versions, please visit: https://www.telushealth.co/page/emr-mobile-whats-new
* Please remember to update your iOS to the latest version that your device supports. EMR Mobile version 3.20.X can only run on iOS 10.X or 11.X (the most recent versions).
- Clinical document viewer (PS Suite initially, other TELUS EMRs later): PS Suite users will have the ability to view all types of clinical documents from their EMR Mobile app, including images and PDF attachments, diagrams, custom forms, letters, scanned documents, and practically any type of patient chart note type. You can see formatted text, images or attachments from the note or document detailed view. As part of this new viewer, the pinch action to zoom on a certain area was also improved in addition to the zoom indicators.
- View historical test results from a lab report (Med Access, Wolf and PS Suite): In addition to the existing lab viewing and processing functionality, users can now tap on a result to view previous results of the same test, compare them to the current result and make informed decisions (requires Med Access version 5.5 or higher, or PS Suite version 5.12.10X or higher).
To access this function, simply tap on a specific test result to obtain a few previous instances of the same test for comparison purposes.
- New functionality added to the journal view https://www.telushealth.co/page/?p=4768 (Wolf and Med Access): This version of EMR Mobile continues to build on the new journal view, initially available to Med Access and Wolf users, and to be offered later to other
TELUS EMRs. Enhancements in this version include:
- Auto-scrolling to the top the detailed view of a document when expanding the document note inline within the journal view
- A new filter in the form of tabs is available at the top of the journal view and replaces the filters from the “kebab” menu (3 dots on the top right). The filter enables the viewing of “All” notes, “Encounters” only, or “Lab Reports” only.
- New app header bar to keep you informed of the patient context while viewing items in the journal view
- The new expandable patient header displays more patient information. You can access the additional information by tapping on the patient header or dragging it down to expand it.
- New view of the lab report details within the journal view instead of having to open a new window
- Several defect fixes, including the following:
- Removed the error stating that the document cannot be displayed after marking a lab report as reviewed
- Scrolling through encounters is now enabled for iPad devices
- The phone name is now properly displayed in the EMR Device Admin Console
- The ellipsis is now displayed next to long subject names in the Subject line of messages. This also prevents the “X” to close a window or the Send button to appear outside the screen
- EMR Mobile now displays a friendly message alert when the patient access is restricted or an EMR error is displayed while evaluating a document
- Issues regarding improperly displayed Subject lines in the patient message view
- Issue that caused the search UI to randomly pop up when navigating to the Labs tab in the Inbox)
- Issue that presented the login screen when a user tried to choose a different calendar from a second paired location
- Removed an empty area before the first encounter that was taking up space in the summary view of patient encounters
Ratings and Reviews
It loads, and then nothing... can’t see the appts, patient files, not even upload pictures to the file (which would have been a great tool for follow ups of derma lesions/chronic wounds)! Whats the aim or use of this he mobile?!
Looks Ugly on the Home Screen
They haven’t figured out how to set the bundle display attribute to something like “Telus EMR” so instead it appears on the home screen as “TELUSEMR...” Yuck.
Getting better. Very convenient.
Love having access to this app. Even when the only thing I could get on it was access to my schedule and the camera it was helpful. Now that they are adding more and more features it is getting better and better. Ultimately of course, access to ALL EMR features would be ideal: writing notes, checking labs, seeing scanned reports, etc. I imagine all this will come eventually.
In the meantime, the reason I only gave it three stars, is that much of it is not particularly intuitive or well-designed. For instance, checking the calendar for other days, or other doctors; Too many steps, rather awkward, really could be done better. Seeing different aspects of a patient’s chart; I don’t use this much but when I do, I find myself bumbling around trying to figure out how to see different things and get to different pages. It’s as unintuitive as their EMR is intuitive! Work on that please!
EDIT: functionality increasing - YAY
app design and navigation remains awful - BOO
- Wolf Medical Systems Corporation
- 23 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © TELUS Health 2014
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.