The Chronicle Herald
By The Halifax Herald Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the most up-to-date Nova Scotia news, business features, sports plays and entertainment coverage from Atlantic Canada’s most trusted news source. The Chronicle Herald’s iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch app allows you to stay in touch with local news as it happens, video stories, dynamic content, analytical pieces and breaking news reports.
• First month free trial.
• Monthly subscription cost: $12.99 plus applicable taxes.
• Complete the subscription in iTunes. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account after you confirm the purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. This can be managed in your iTunes account settings.
What's New in Version 4.7.1
- Changed the app name to CH News
- Reduced app download size
Same news over and over
App works fine....but I often find the same articles are being shown for multiple days. Sometimes there is only 3 or 4 new stories in a section and the rest I have read on previous days. This is most frustrating.
Pop up ads
The constant full-page pop-up ads make this app all but unusable. You dismiss an ad and 3 seconds later it pops up again. You dismiss it again and you are lucky to finish the story before it pops up again. Every page change starts the same process again. This is in addition to the regular full-page ads, and the small in-page ads.
Serious memory issues
This "app" is using 11.7 GB of memory on my iPad mini. No obvious support.
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 27, 2015
- Version: 4.7.1
- Size: 20.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian
- Seller: Halifax Herald Ltd
- © 2010-2015 The Halifax Herald Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Daily Digital$11.99