The digital edition of the The Economist weekly magazine with audio,
Users on iOS 10.3 or above can explore an expanded version of this app, incorporating daily and weekly updates, along with a morning briefing by searching for ‘The Economist’.
Readers can access their essential global briefing on current affairs, business, finance, economics, science, technology and the arts from The Economist each week.
Download the free app to:
• Enjoy three free articles a week, including the cover leader
• Enjoy the content of the weekly newspaper in an easy-to-use format
• Save articles to read offline later
• Get alerts when the new issue is available along with notifications on cover stories, breaking news and analysis.
• Subscribe within the app and get full access to Economist.com and The Economist apps
• Share articles via e-mail, Twitter and Facebook
• The app presents a great digital native reading experience for readers allowing for font size changes, Night Mode and other convenient user friendly qualities.
In today’s changing world, the one thing that’s certain is uncertainty. Make sense of it all with The Economist.
• Subscribe annually, quarterly or buy a single issue. You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes.
• Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Annual and quarterly subscriptions automatically renew. You can manage auto-renew of your subscription from your iTunes account settings at any time, but must be turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to avoid being charged again.
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON IPAD
Simply search for The Economist in the App Store to download the app for free.
Please note that this app requires iOS 8.0 and above. We recommend you update to the latest version of iOS to receive the best possible experience.
Small bugs and accessibility improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
useless app by incompetent IDIOTS !
Amateurish app, unable to remember your position.
INFESTED with adds, EVERY two pages, even though you PAID THE FULL SUBSCRIPTION PRICE !!
My 92 year old mother could code a BETTER app than these IDIOTS!!
Buyer be aware
Word of advice do not use this app and buy the subscription through it. You will receive zero support. I have been overcharged and economist sends me to apple and apple sends me to economist to have it resolved. After a month of back and forth I gave up. On top of it I have only limited access and I thought that I signed up for 60$ but I ended up paying 300$ and no way to fix it. Finally the content is not that good it is missing major editorials and you have rarely article with depth that takes more than 3 min. Number of better and cheaper alternatives out there, Politico, business week, wsj, and etc. Finally business wise you will get nothing about economy, major tech, stock, emerging tech. Not sure who they targeting. I used to read it in 2010 and before and it was worth the price.
Love the Econmist, hate the new app. Every time I close it I need to re-open and see the inside cover add then go to the index to get back to where I was reading. Wastes my time. I hate it when my time is wasted. The old app was far better.
- The Economist Newspaper Group Inc.
- 24.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © The Economist Newspaper Limited 2019
- In-App Purchases
- The Economist $54.99
- The Economist $179.99
- The Economist $14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.