The Enemy is always invisible. When he becomes visible, he ceases to be the Enemy. For the first time, in augmented-reality, a new documentary gives users the opportunity to meet soldiers from opposite sides of the same conflict. Each fighter offers personal perspectives on war, in their own words, discussing their motivations for fighting and what their future might look like.
One of the first apps to take full advantage of the new ARKit framework for iOS11, The Enemy takes you to a whole new level of AR experience—an unforgettably real encounter. Blending digital representation of real-life fighters in 3D from information with the environment around you, ARKit allows them to interact with the real world as never before.
This technology, combined with the work of war photographer Karim Ben Khelifa, offers you the chance to meet these soldiers and hear their stories, wherever you are. And what they have to say might change the way you look at wars.
Using your smart phone, you’ll hear both sides of three momentous conflicts: the wars in El Salvador and the Democratic Republic of Congo and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Use the app in an area where you have some room to maneuver, and get up close with each soldier. You’ll feel his presence as he maintains eye contact and shares his version of events, offering a rarely heard perspective on violence and war. If you turn 180 degrees while he’s speaking, you’ll see his enemy standing right there, patiently waiting to tell his side of the story.
The app, together with the travelling VR installation of the same name, proves that you don't need to be living in a war zone to be affected by the conflict.
This experience is meant to be shared. “The more we make the project known, the more we can fill in the gap that separates us from the ‘other.’” – Karim Ben Khelifa
• Optimized for the newly released ARKit framework.
• Augmented and mixed reality provide an immersive and realistic experience right in your own environment.
• Candid interviews with fighters from some of the longest-running conflicts of our time.
• A valuable tool for building empathy and provoking discussion.
• Using a special access code, you can either join an existing community or create your own, allowing you to connect with other users who shared your experience.
Download The Enemy today and challenge your beliefs.
Download these other amazing apps from the NFB: NFB Films, I Love Potatoes, Cardboard Crash, The Last Hunt, StopMo Studio, Circa 1948, and Welcome to Pine Point.
A co-production with CAMERA LUCIDA PRODUCTIONS / FRANCE TÉLÉVISIONS / NFB / DPT / EMISSIVE
3D models optimization & map updates
Ratings and Reviews
Une application avec beaucoup d’avenir mais pour ma part l’application ce ferme et redémarre mon iPhone je ne sais pas si c’est normal.
Expérience impressionnante et instructive.
Mon cell iPhone, redémarre après l’usage du jeu, et pendant le jeu mon iPhone ces mise à chauffer, je l’ai désinstaller.
- National Film Board / Office national du film
- 380.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 National Film Board of Canada
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.