The Globe and Mail
par The Globe and Mail Inc.
Ouvrez iTunes pour acheter et télécharger des apps.
The Globe and Mail App delivers in-depth news and business reporting, updated throughout the day, as well as personalized content recommendations based on your reading habits.
Scroll through the day’s top stories from Canada’s most acclaimed newsroom, plus access all the news available on globeandmail.com with a simple keyword search. Dig deeper with in-depth commentary and analysis. Enjoy content recommendations based on the stories you typically follow. Immerse yourself in beautifully designed multimedia features. Save articles for later by creating a free globeandmail.com account and easily share stories you love with friends and family.
With The Globe and Mail App, you enjoy:
- A morning edition with in-depth news and business reporting, available before the markets open
- Continuous news updates through the day
- Breaking news alerts delivered instantly to your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch
- A refreshed evening edition with longer reads, commentary and analysis
- The ability to search for additional content from globeandmail.com by keywords
- Award-winning multimedia features, interactive graphics and photo galleries
Have feedback about this app? Tweet using @GlobeHelp, send us your comments or questions at email@example.com or visit feedback.globeandmail.com to read our FAQ.
The Globe¹s policy is to not share your personal information with third parties for their own commercial use. If you have allowed location services on your device, The Globe may use this information to provide services such as delivering regional content. You can change your permission for The Globe to access this information through your device settings.
The Globe and Mail Inc. Web Site The Globe and Mail Support
Nouveautés de la version 4.4
This update contains a few performance tweaks and lots of bug fixes including:
- The Markets data box is auto refreshed every time you switch sections.
- You can now get the latest content of the Home section by using the refresh icon in the side menu. The app will also auto-refresh to the Home section after 30 minutes of inactivity
- Fixed a bug where some users were seeing blank article screens
- Fixed a loop bug when swiping through the articles of a section
- Fixed a bug which sometimes wasn’t loading external URLs from an article page
- Fixed a bug with the article page back button which sometimes revealed the side menu instead of going back to the previous section
- Fixed a bug where the Related Articles widget wasn’t returning any stories on an article page
As always, please keep sending us your feedback. We will continue to work on more updates and improvements to the app in the following weeks and months.
Avis des utilisateurs
Style over Substance - New versions, still removes content and features.
09/28/2015 hmm I have downloaded the update again but I will revert to the old version. I have saved the old file and will go through the steps of deinstalling and reinstalling. There is still too much white space and hence scrolling. While I like the type face in the articles the app itself is not clean and concise. Even when you are in one of the limited curated sections you are scrolling up and down. Still no offline reading. Still slow to load and still lacking in content. Where are the Technology, World News, Wine, Economy and should I go on and on sections. The little globe leaf makes it appearance too often while things load in the background. I am not sure why the Globe is locked into this format because from what I am seeing here 80% plus of people do not like it. Again I would probably rate this zero stars if I could.
An improvement but still slow compared to prior versions. Too much white space. Grey lines should be darker to separate articles. Others have stated the comparison to flipboard and the Globe needs to decide if they want to be a news source or a pretty app. Old versions would download in the background now each article needs to load as you flip to it.
No control over the font size. It looks more like a magazine rather then a news paper.
Too much curation and not enough customization. I can't select sections I want nor put them in order I want. Still prefer the old app but this version is less horrible.
What were they thinking when they designed this crap, it's like they looked what a good news app should look like and did the opposite of it
Very disorganized, no more offline reading, no more technology/politics/world news/ local news sections/
When paying 19.95$+tax/month and the app won't even launch... Very disappointing. Also when it did work, in comparison to the NYT, BBC, Thompson Reuters apps., the data takes too long to load. Zero stars!!! Used to be the best Canadian news app. Cancelled my subscription 2 months ago.
- Catégorie : Actualités
- Mise à jour : 28 sept. 2015
- Version : 4.4
- Taille : 21.6 Mo
- Apple Watch : Oui
- Langues : Français, Allemand, Anglais, Catalan, Chinois simplifié, Chinois traditionnel, Coréen, Danois, Espagnol, Grec, Indonésien, Italien, Japonais, Norvégien, Norvégien (nynorsk), Néerlandais, Polonais, Portugais, Russe, Suédois, Tchèque, Turc, Ukrainien, Vietnamien
- Vendeur : The Globe and Mail
- © 2015 The Globe and Mail Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibilité : Nécessite iOS 7.1 ou une version ultérieure. Compatible avec l’iPhone, l’iPad et l’iPod touch.