The first cinematic interactive photo essay with animation that challenges the conventions of the tablet reading experience
The Last Hunt features:
– Smooth, intuitive scrolling that provides a seamless storytelling experience
– A compelling narrative about family and tradition
– Beautiful images by Montreal photographer Alexi Hobbs
– Text overlaid with parallaxing interactive animation
Offering a new kind of interactive reading experience, The Last Hunt explores the strength of family bonds and the spirituality implicit in the act of hunting, delving deeply into the motivations that led Montreal photographer Alexi Hobbs to document his grandfather’s last hunting expedition.
To follow the story, which stretches from the present moment back to the Second World War, app users scroll vertically through text overlaid with delicate, parallaxing interactive animation that challenges the conventions of the tablet reading experience.
Produced by the National Film Board of Canada
Created by the NFB Digital Studio
Story and Photography by Alexi Hobbs
Supported on iPad 2, 3rd and 4th generation iPad, iPad AIR, and iPad Mini.
- iOS 8 compatible
- added support for auto-orientation
- fixed gyroscope bug
Ratings and Reviews
Quietly impressive, like its subject.
I just wanted to write in and tell you that this was absolutely stunning. Would love to see more!
10/5 stars. Great story, very inspirational. Every part of it was great. If I could, I would give this ten out of five stars.
- National Film Board / Office national du film
- 186.4 MB
Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2013-2014 National Film Board of Canada
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.