The Ride - Taxi & Transit
By CellWand Communications
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Ride is Canada’s get-me-there app, a free*, all-in-one transportation that helps you find nearby taxis, compare cab and transit options and see car sharing locations in any city across Canada.
It Works Everywhere: See all taxis and transit options everywhere in Canada. Compare travel times, costs and choose how you want to go.
• E-Hailing: Order a nearby cab, get up-to-the minute ETA and get picked up in minutes. Make specific vehicle requests and pre-book a ride for a later time. Be in contact with your driver directly through the app and get notified when your taxi has arrived. Then rate your driver when you’re done to make your next ride even better!
• Connect to First Available Dispatch: Get a ride anywhere e-hailing is not yet available with our direct connection to over 500 fleets and 25,000 licensed drivers. You’ll never be stuck for a cab again!
• Transit: Tap the transit icon and you’ll see the closest stops of every type every type of transit in your city, be it buses, subways, commuter trains and streetcars and then use The Ride’s information on routes, schedules and the real-time location of the closest vehicles to easily plan your route.
• Taxi vs. Transit - See Your Choices in One Tap ! Easily compare travel times and costs get to your destination across all local transit options AND taxis. The Ride is the first to offer a side-by-side comparison tool for all modes of transportation in your area.
• *Fees: The Ride is free to download, and during the first 30 days of use, there are no fees in using the service. After the first 30 days, The Ride charges a convenience fee of $2 for e-hailing one of the closest cabs, and $1 when connecting to the first available taxi dispatch. In partnership with every Canadian wireless carrier, these fees are conveniently added to your mobile bill. There is no charge for using the app’s Transit service.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Fee is a big minus but thought I'd look at least. They make you sign up before you can even open it up and see if it is worth using. Two strikes - I am out.
Taxi time saver
This app is excellent. Booked my taxi the night before and it arrived the next morning 5 mins early. So much faster and easier than trying to call.
Taxi and transit combined in one app AND it works everywhere. Slick looking app, too.