Transit App: Real Time Bus & Subway Tracker with Offline Schedules
By Transit App, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find out when your ride is coming NOW. Arrival times and directions for transit routes near you, using real-time data. All transport options: bus, subway, bike share, Uber, car2go, and more. North America's most popular transport app.
Transit works in 99 Canadian and US metropolitan areas and many other cities around the world (see list below). And now on Apple Watch, too!
- Know when your next subway or bus is arriving instantly (including real-time predictions).*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease.
- See exactly where your transit vehicle is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries (even offline!)
- Favorite routes for instant access to upcoming departures.
- See bike share stations on the map including how many bikes and docks are available.
- Find nearby car2go's and easily book a vehicle.
- Check real-time ETAs for the closest Uber, and request a ride with two taps.
- NEW: Browse real-time service advisories, and subscribe to push notifications for disruptions that impact your commute (in select cities).
- NEW: Schedule alarms and get reminders before your bus or train arrives.
*wherever real-time info is available from transit agencies.
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
“This app alone gives me 15 more minutes of sleep and flexibility.”
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“I simply cannot describe the extent to which this app has expedited my daily commuting.”
IMPORTANT PEOPLE LIKE US
**Apple’s Editor's Choice**
**New York City MTA App Quest Winner**
**Official app of the Toronto Transit Commission**
**Worldwide Sensation - Mobile Syrup**
WE'RE MILDLY WITTY
Twitter - twitter.com/transitapp
Facebook - fb.com/transitapp
Blog - medium.com/transitapp
See below for the list of supported agencies and cities in Canada. You can find the complete list at transitapp.com.
Can’t find your city? Visit our website to vote for the next one that we should add. We do our best to integrate new cities every couple of weeks!
- Abbotsford (BC Transit)
- Banff (Roam Transit)
- Calgary (Calgary Transit, car2go)
- Chilliwack (BC Transit)
- Comox Valley (BC Transit)
- Edmonton (Edmonton Transit*, St. Albert Transit, Strathcona County Transit)
- Halifax (MetroTransit)
- Kamloops (BC Transit)
- Kelowna (BC Transit)
- Kingston (Kingston Transit)
- London (London Transit)
- Montréal (STM, RTL, STL*, AMT*, Ville de Sainte-Julie, MRC Les Moulins, MRC de Deux-Montagnes, MRC de L'Assomption, CIT Vallée-du-Richelieu, CIT Sud-Ouest, CIT Sorel-Varennes, CIT Roussillon, CIT Le Richelain, CRT Lanaudière, CIT La Presqu'Île, CIT des Laurentides, CIT du Haut-Saint-Laurent, CIT Chambly-Richelieu-Carignan, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Bixi, car2go, Auto-mobile)
- Ottawa (OC Transpo*)
- Prince George (BC Transit)
- Québec (RTC)
- Regina (Regina Transit)
- Saskatoon (Saskatoon Transit*)
- Sherbrooke (STS)
- Squamish (BC Transit)
- St. Catharines (St. Catharines Transit*)
- Thunder Bay (Thunder Bay Transit*)
- Toronto (TTC*, GO Transit, YRT*, Guelph Transit, Hamilton Street Railway*, Grand River Transit, Brampton Transit, MiWay, Burlington Transit, Oakville Transit, Toronto Bike Share)
- Trois-Rivières (STTR)
- Vancouver (TransLink*, False Creek Ferries, car2go)
- Victoria (BC Transit)
- Whistler (BC Transit)
- Windsor (Windsor Transit)
- Winnipeg (Winnipeg Transit*)
* Uses real-time predictions and vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit App also works in 50+ other cities across the globe including:
- Los Angeles
- New York
- San Francisco
- Mexico City
What's New in Version 3.7
You're out late. Having fun. With friends. Cause that's what you do.
But amid the laughter and squaredancing... you miss the last bus/subway/metro. What do you do now? You're alone in the city... stranded... you don't even have a volleyball to keep you company. (Willlllsonnnnnnn…..)
Assuming you survive... how do you make sure it never happens again? How do you remember when to leave without constantly checking your phone?
Yeah, you know what's coming.
Tap your route, open up the schedule list (clock icon), and choose which departure you want to receive a reminder for, and how early (5 minutes before your bus comes, 10 minutes, etc.). We'll send you a push notification to let you know when to leave.
You can choose to have alarms occur once, or to have them repeat until you board (i.e., get a reminder 30 minutes before each bus leaves). Once you start moving, future alarms get disabled.
But we won't let you set alarms that go off in the past. Haven't you watched Back to the Future? That's how things get dangerous.
Speaking of danger, do you like to bike in your city? Well we've also added bike paths.
See where you can pedal in peace with easy-to-see bike paths on the map. Avoid cars. Avoid buses. Avoid everything on four wheels. Except those dastardly skateboarders.
Oh yeah. One last thing. Car sharing is now in the trip planner for all services you are signed into. For those crazy trips you like to take.
Well, that's all folks. Be sure to say hello @transitapp on Twitter.
PS: Rate us five stars to activate the DeLorean
Best transit app out there, hands down. Easiest interface and tons of relevant info.
Super apps, un incontournable.
Woohoo! Alarms are now here!😃
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 14, 2015
- Version: 3.7
- Size: 26.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: 9280-0366 Quebec inc.
- © 2015 Transit App
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.