Transit • Real-Time App for Bus, Subway & Metro
By Transit App, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“You won't realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app” - LA Times
“Killer app” - WSJ
"MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it's called Transit" - Boston Globe
Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Navigate your city’s public transit system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders... all presented in a clear, bold interface. Public transport not cooperating? Easily request an Uber, reserve a car2go, or grab the closest bike share.
10 GREAT THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH TRANSIT:
1) See real-time arrivals for nearby buses and trains instantly upon launch.
2) Watch your transit vehicle approaching on a map in real-time*
3) Compare options with powerful A to B trip plans using real-time data.
4) Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route or want to nap/read/space out.*
5) Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO.*
6) Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute.
7) View transit schedules and route itineraries—even when you’re offline!
8) Locate bike share stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
9) Check ETA (and surge) for nearby Ubers, and book in two taps.
10) View availability and book cars with car2go and other local car-share services.
*continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
5-STAR USER REVIEWS
“Your app was the deciding factor in selling my car”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“The head of our local transit agency recommended this app over the one her agency created.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
Calgary (Calgary Transit*, car2go)
Edmonton (Edmonton Transit*, St. Albert Transit, Strathcona County Transit, Pogo)
Halifax (MetroTransit, CarShareHFX)
Kamloops (BC Transit)
Kelowna (BC Transit)
Kingston (Kingston Transit)
London (London Transit)
Montréal (STM, RTL, STL*, AMT*, Ville de Sainte-Julie, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, CITs, Bixi, car2go, Auto-mobile, Communauto)
Ottawa/Gatineau (OC Transpo*, STO VRTUCAR)
Saskatoon (Saskatoon Transit*)
Thunder Bay (Thunder Bay Transit*)
Toronto (TTC*, GO Transit, YRT*, Guelph Transit, Hamilton Street Railway*, Grand River Transit, Brampton Transit, MiWay, Burlington Transit, Oakville Transit, Durham Region Transit, Toronto Bike Share)
Vancouver (TransLink*, False Creek Ferries, car2go)
* Uses real-time predictions and vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit App also works in 50+ other cities worldwide including:
What's New in Version 4.1
Julien is an iOS developer at Transit.
Julien volunteered to fix the widget.
Julien doesn’t sleep anymore.
Whenever someone asks him what he does for work, he curls up in the fetal position and whispers to himself “try not to cry, try not to cry.” Last week, his neighbour spray painted “n00b” on his front door. For Halloween, his kids dressed up as widgets and made him play hide-and-seek. Over and over, they disappeared, giggling “unable to load” while Julien searched frantically in fear.
Today, Julien’s nightmare is over. He fixed the widget. This evening, to apologize to his neighbour, he’s going to mow his lawn. Tonight, Julien will celebrate his victory with his wife, children, and an entire tub of cookie dough.
More reasons for Julien to celebrate:
- He can now see his vehicle approaching in GO
- When he’s feeling “wild”, Julien doesn’t listen to GO, and takes a shortcut through the back alleys. Transit takes note and adapts to Julien’s odd sense of adventure.
- Sometimes, Julien likes to race the bus driver and run to the next stop. No problem: GO will update his directions to the stop that’s closest.
- Julien likes to plan ahead. Now he can set an alarm for a trip tomorrow morning.
- Julien isn’t so good at spelling, but he knows where he’s going. He loves the new option “Choose on Map” that lets him slide the pin to his destination, rather than typing it in letter-by-letter, hoping auto-correct kicks in.
While browsing the news, Julien also learned that Transit has been named Edmonton’s recommended public transit app by the Edmonton Transit System. Bravo, Transit.
In other news, you can now buy bike share passes and unlock bikes in Minneapolis with Nice Ride. But that’s not thanks to Julien.
Julien will sleep better tonight knowing that Transit added:
- Cape Breton Transit in Sydney, Nova Scotia
- Airdrie Transit outside Calgary
- Real-time data for the entire bus fleet in Edmonton
- Real-time data for GO Transit and Mi-Way in the GTA!
Give us 5 stars to make us shine as brightly as Julien’s eyes.
So proud for Julien! 😂
Application Québécoise! Développé et publié au Québec! Je télécharge immédiatement! En plus C'est l'application à avoir quand on prend le transport en commun! Avec l'option GO et qu'on peut voir ou est notre autobus sur la carte! J'utilise même plus l'application de la STL elle est jamais mises à jour correctement et donnes des informations erroné mais pas transit! Merci et Bravo au Développeur Québécois pour cette Application.
Flawless and Active
Shout out to the awesome development team behind this app! They give timely updates with proper detailed notes of what's new and different and the app is always improving. I use the widget on a daily basis and love it. There is a minor refreshing bug that occurs every now and then while using the widget but nothing too worrisome. Keep doing an awesome job you guys are the #1 transit app in my books :)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 04, 2016
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 73.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: 9280-0366 Quebec inc.
- © 2016 Transit App
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.