The Weather Network
By Pelmorex Media Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Best of 2016, Top Free Apps
Get your weather when it really matters™ with The Weather Network app for Apple iPhone. Accurate and easy-to-use, you’ll always have the forecast at your fingertips with access to the most in-depth weather news and video. Stay ahead of storms with push notifications alerting you as storms approach your saved locations, and watch the weather system with our satellite and weather radar maps.
- Custom weather notifications for your individual Canadian locations including Follow Me, so you can set different thresholds for each location.
- Detailed weather forecasts including current observations and temperatures, short term (36 hours), long term (14 days) and hourly forecasts. These forecasts are updated every 15 minutes to ensure accuracy and reliability
- Severe weather and storm alerts to notify you when a storm is heading your way. Users will see a red alert banner on the affected cities and regions and can click-thru for more info
- Multiple map layers, including weather radar and satellite
- Precipitation start and stop times within a 10 minute window
- Follow-me functionality, automatically detecting the forecast within 1km of your location
- Available in English and French, based on your device settings
Premium Option: New in-app purchase
- A one year subscription includes:
- access to the Last 24 Hours which shows you, by hour: actual temperature, humidity, feels like temperature and wind information for the previous 24 hours
- removal of ads
- Subscription 1 Year – USD $2.79 (For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply)
- Additional Subscription Information:
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- Scroll down to access weather forecasts, news, videos, maps and personalized notifications at a glance
- Tap on the details button next to the current conditions to access yesterday’s high & low temperature and more details like wind speed & direction, humidity, cloud ceiling, and sunrise & sunset times
- The menu icon on the top left provides a simple list of all the content available on the app, as well as app settings and FAQs
- Add a location by tapping the city name at the top, center of your screen
- Tap on any of the at-a glance modules in the main overview screen to access more details
- To get the optimal experience with our weather radar maps, tap and pinch to explore
Please send feedback to email@example.com – we’d love to hear from you! You can also visit our website at www.theweathernetwork.com and follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/theweathernetworkCAN/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/weathernetwork
The Weather Network - Your Weather When It Really Matters™.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
What's New in Version 4.3.0
Best of 2016, Top Free Apps
- My Uploads - view all your photos and videos in once place
- Easily change photo/video during upload
- Share videos
- New Winter sticker pack for iMessage
- Bug fixes
- Performance improvements
Updates don't improve things
With every redesign, I find the interface less intuitive to use, and information/desired views harder to find. There are also more ads, and they're more intrusive than they ever were. I even had to dismiss a full-screen takeover ad to accept the app's invitation to write a review.
This thing needs to be stripped back down to basics. An ad-free paid version should also be available.
PLEASE stop interchanging the format of the forecast display every other day!!!! And these new pop-up ads are VERY annoying and distracting. This App used to be ok and now it's getting bad.
Love the alerts, but it's very confusing and not easy to navigate
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 20, 2016
- Version: 4.3.0
- Size: 101 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Pelmorex Media Inc.
- © Pelmorex Media Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Weather Network: Premium$3.99