Best of 2017, Top Free Apps
Accurate and easy-to-use, you’ll always have the forecast at your fingertips with access to the most in-depth weather news and video. Stay ahead of storms with notifications alerting you as storms approach your saved locations, and watch the weather system with our satellite and weather radar maps.
- Custom weather notifications for your individual North American locations including Follow Me, so you can set different thresholds for each location.
- Detailed weather forecasts including current observations and temperatures, short term (36 hours), long term (14 days) and hourly forecasts. These forecasts are updated every 15 minutes to ensure accuracy and reliability
- Severe weather and storm alerts to notify you when a storm is heading your way. Users will see a red alert banner on the affected cities and regions and can click-thru for more info
- Multiple map layers, including weather radar and satellite
- Precipitation start and stop times within a 10 minute window
- Follow-me functionality, automatically detecting the forecast within 1km of your location
- Available in English and French, based on your device settings
Premium Option: New in-app purchase
- A one year subscription includes:
- access to the Last 24 Hours which shows you, by hour: actual temperature, humidity, feels like temperature and wind information for the previous 24 hours
- removal of ads
- Subscription 1 Year – USD $2.79 (For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply)
- Additional Subscription Information:
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- Scroll down to access weather forecasts, news, videos, maps and personalized notifications at a glance
- Tap on the details button next to the current conditions to access yesterday’s high & low temperature and more details like wind speed & direction, humidity, cloud ceiling, and sunrise & sunset times
- The menu icon on the top left provides a simple list of all the content available on the app, as well as app settings and FAQs
- Add a location by tapping the city name at the top, center of your screen
- Tap on any of the at-a glance modules in the main overview screen to access more details
- To get the optimal experience with our weather radar maps, tap and pinch to explore
We’d love to hear from you! Please send feedback to email@example.com – You can also visit our website at www.theweathernetwork.com and follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/theweathernetworkCAN/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/weathernetwork
The Weather Network - Your Weather When It Really Matters™.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
Increased accuracy in our hourly forecast
We squashed some bugs!
Ratings and Reviews
Ruined a good app.
Latest update ruined the app for me.
Very choppy, ads load slowly and are very large.
We'd like to know more about your experience. Please email our support team at Feedbackmobile@pelmorex.com so we can get more details from you. Thanks for letting us know.
weather app sux
was way better when u actually
got weather warnings and did not have the adds
who cares about the rest
wuld like the weather no adds they are uselesss
and on the iphone the weather app does not allow u to check where the lightning issss it doesnt show or allow u ti clik on it.....
i liked how it was before when u paid ur 5 buks for the month and was perfectly fine
until it was changed an then update after update is verrrrrry anoying
i personally do not care for the savings rebates nor do i care for the news .... because its only ontario based anyway .... does not show sask or manitoba weather....
thanx for actually reading
a friendly witch from small town sask 😉
Sounds like you may have had our Premium ad free version previously. It is still available if you want an ad free version. We're interested to hear more about your feedback on us not showing Sask or Manitoba weather. Please email more details to our support team at Feedbackmobile@pelmorex.com
Worked ok until last update. Now there's animated ads between all the information windows. App took a serious performance hit. Uninstalling for something better.
Sorry to hear. TWN is a free ad supported app but we do have a Premium ad free version available, you can find it within the apps menu. App performance is always on our radar and we'll continue to look for improvements in upcoming releases.
Premium - Remove Ads
Ad free with the Last 24 hours forecast
- Pelmorex Media Inc.
- 123.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Pelmorex Media Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium - Remove Ads $3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.