Our Turf Pro 2 Estimator has the ability to calculate the amount of turf (rolls of sod) and or lbs. of grass seed, required for your project, including amount of topsoil for sod and seed installations.
There is no limit to the number of areas you wish to input. This app is available in both imperial and metric units of measure.
Our app also allows for extra. This is an important feature. Sod is sold by the roll, based on the area to be covered. An allowance, or extra, needs to be considered for waste, irregular shapes, and installation overlap. The same is true of grass seed. There is a requirement for dead seed heads, poor germination rates etc. The ability to include extra is a useful estimating procedure. Our app explains how to use this feature clearly.
*** If you're looking to price out the material beyond establishing quantities by including a cost, search for our Landscape Estimator Pro App. Our Landscape Estimator Pro App allows for costs to be included once quantities have been established. ***
Why Did We Develop This App:
Too many folks, have a difficult time remembering industry standard formulas and conversions when it comes time to calculate materials.
Mistakes can be made when:
1. Estimators forget to convert inches to feet when used in formulas. Imagine using 6" when the formula required you to convert the inch to feet first. You'd be way off on your estimate as the formula used 6" when in fact it should have been .5'
2. Estimators forget the constant numbers used to convert cubic feet to cubic yards. Many times it's hard to remember do I use 9 as a constant (when converting area calculations) or 27 (when converting volume calculations). Sometimes it becomes even more confusing, if you don't actually need to perform a conversion but you do.
3. Estimators forget to include a % of extra material to account for compaction factors or waste material. By not including the extra % required, you'll find yourself short of material on the job.
Who Is This App For:
Our Landscape Pro Estimator is a valuable tool for contractors, retailers, students and home owners alike. If you work with landscape materials you'll find that our app will aid you in calculating proper quantity takeoffs.
You're task is to measure the required areas, our app will do the rest.
Starting The App:
When you first open the app, you will be presented with two important calculating options. Depending on the method of calculation you wish to use, our app will determine which calculator type will be called up for use.
We designed our app to accommodate the different ways folks measure. Some like to measure an area by length & width, while others will have already determined the area and may not remember the actual length & width measurements.
Methods Used To Determine Answers:
All industry acceptable methods of determining answers, equations and quantity takeoffs are used in calculating proper answers.
Our app is unique as we allow you to adjust certain formulas with custom data. Don't worry we only allow this when needed and indicate so, in the calculator interface.
As an example, if you are using a non-standard roll of sod, we allow you to input the length & width of your roll of sod, before continuing with the answer.
About The Developer:
John Lein is a graduate from Ryerson University in Toronto, Ontario from the Landscape Architecture Program and has been involved in landscape design and construction for over 30 years.
John is currently also the coordinator of the Landscape Horticulture Program at St. Clair College of Applies Arts and Technology in Windsor, Ontario.
John comes from a construction background and enjoys designing and building award winning landscape design projects in both residential and commercial applications.
* Completely rewritten and redesigned app
* Updated for iOS 11
* Add costs including tax and material fee
* Add unlimited number of areas for calculations
* Work in either imperial or metric units of measure
* Email beautiful formatted page to your office or directly to client
* Updated App Icon
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.