Use your Mac to type on your iPhone, iPad or Apple TV
Type2Phone works just like a Bluetooth keyboard: no additional app is needed.
• Use your Mac's full-sized keyboard with your iPhone and iPad
• Paste passwords, addresses, etc. from your Mac to your mobile device
• Type texts, tweets, status updates, etc.
• Reply to emails on accounts configured only on your iOS device
• Control your Apple TV
• Use a single keyboard with all your Apple devices
4th generation Apple TV requires tvOS 9.2 to enable Bluetooth keyboard support.
• Connects automatically as you start typing
• Disconnects when idle or sent to the background (optional)
• Command-Tab in and out of Type2Phone
• Customizable keyboard shortcuts for all your devices
• Copy-paste text from Mac to iPhone, iPad or Apple TV
• AppleScript to automate text input
• Support for Mac OS X dictation (10.8 or later)
• Support for TextExpander on Mac
• Support for iOS Voice Over
## Get started in 3 easy steps:
• On your Mac, open System Preferences > Bluetooth. Make sure Bluetooth is on and discoverable. Leave System Presences open.
• Start Type2Phone. Leave it running and frontmost.
• On the iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth. Tap the name of your Mac to start the pairing procedure.
Please note: If your Mac and iOS device had been previously paired, you first need to undo the pairing on both ends. Have each device forget the other. Then go through the above procedure.
## Supported iOS keyboard layouts:
U.S American, Arabic, Australian, Belgian, Brazilian, British, Canadian English, Canadian French, Czech, Czech QWERTY, Danish, Dutch, Dvorak, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese QWERTY, Norwegian, Polish, Polish Pro, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Serbian Latin, Slovak, Slovak QWERTY, Spanish ISO, Swedish, Swiss French, Swiss German, Thai, Turkish, Turkish QWERTZ
## Customer praises:
"Quite possibly the biggest time-saving productivity tool in my ecosystem"
5 stars by mediawolf, USA
"Muy buena app. Hace lo que dice. Es sencilla, práctica, en una palabra: Perfecto¡¡¡"
5 stars by Ruben2013, Spain
"Marche parfaitement, très utile pour taper de long SMS ou autres"
5 stars by Aalin, France
"Perfekte App. Macht genau das, was sie soll. "
5 stars by tomekiii, Germany
"I have been working with 2 bluetooth keyboards […] Now I only need one. Well done!"
5 stars by Big Voice, USA
"… my daughters are wondering how I can text back so much and so fast!"
5 stars by bt4jc, USA
Sometimes only minor bugs need fixing
Ratings and Reviews
What I've wanted since owning an iPhone with my Mac!
So simple. So easy. Replying to texts/iMessages on my iPhone couldn't be easier. Using iCloud enabled Pages on iOS device is dead simple now. Connects instantly to iPhone/iPad (multiple device setup possible!).
My ownly gripe/feedback to the developper: Please please please allow me the option to turn off the flowing text on the Mac screen. It's cool but annoying, in my opinion. Toggle/option possible?
You've answered a long standing issue with the Apple ecosystem! Why is it that I own Mac, iPhone, and iPad that I can't some benefit to owning them all? Why are they so isolated? Thank you so much.
great App, does as advertised
Great idea, needs polish
I just bought the app. Love it, love the idea. Very useful for me as I work for a client through a VPN which doesn't allow me to send emails (SMTP). So, I use my iPad as an email client, this is where the app comes in. I simply swich windows and voilà.
Now, what I would love even more:
- support for textExpander.
- also, «shift+alt+right/left arrow» doesn't seem to work (select words).
- french canadian keyboard layout.
Thank you very much and keep up the good work.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.