Typography Insight is a toolkit for learning & teaching typography. Now you can access thousands of fonts from Adobe Typekit with Adobe ID.
● Fast Company - "It's more like an exquisite museum exhibit than a musty textbook." “Anyone who loves books, words, history, or fine art — even in the slightest bit — will find Typography Insight as intoxicating as Wikipedia and as fun as a video game.” "Typography Insight Is Type Design 101, For Just $1.99"
● The Atlantic - "Learning the subtleties of Helvetica and Garamond used to be a pain—but a sleek new app has made the process easier" "Typography Insight: iPad App Teaches Fonts Like Never Before"
● Gizmodo - "Typography Insight is sort of like an iPad typeface encyclopedia. Only encyclopedias are boring, and Typography Insight is beautiful and fun." "Typography Insight Makes Learning Fonts Gorgeous and Easy"
● Presented at AIGA/NY Fresh Blood 2
● No.2 Paid iPad App in Education Category
● New & Noteworthy, Staff Favorite in 85 countries, Selected in the 'Celebrate the arts' collection
“Turned on by serifs and stems? Then you’ll love the new iPad app Typography Insight. Very slick, very informative.”
“This is like taking a beautiful coffee-table book and making it interactive.”
“First reason I've wanted iPad. If you are a type nerd, this is yours”
Typography Insight is an application which introduces new ways of learning and teaching typefaces. It leverages touch interface and high-resolution display to visualize and to manipulate typeface. With Typography Insight, you can easily experiment and inspect the detail shapes of historical typefaces.
● Adobe Typekit font library support: Access thousands of fonts from Adobe Typekit by signing-in with Adobe ID
● Juxtaposing Comparison: Understand the detail differences between the typefaces with side by side comparison
● Overlaying Comparison: Compare two typefaces by overlaying on top of each other
● Type inspector: Observe the detail shapes of typefaces such as serif, counter, and ear in very large scale, with pinch and pan gesture
● Basics: Learn about basics of typography and simple tips for making a readable page.
● Typeface Anatomy: Learn about basic terminologies and the detail elements of typefaces
● Historical typefaces: Understand different characteristics of historically important typefaces
● Kerning: Train your eyes for balanced letter space
● Measurement: Learn about type size measurement
● Type Setting: Learn about basic elements of typesetting
● Ascender/Descender Comparison: Compare ascender of descender area of typefaces
Gesture interaction refinement & Bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Good for the beginners but need more fonts
This apps is well designed and a good reference for Typography lessons, but the library of font is far too basic and need to be expanded, there's no example of gothics fonts or "blackletters" except from the classification.
Again if you're a beginners and want to learn more about the typography terminology this is a good apps.
This a very nice little tool. It's well done and can be use by anyone learning typography. I highly recomend it
Ce n'est rien de vraiment nouveau
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.