By Uber Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Uber is a ridesharing app for fast, reliable rides in minutes – day or night. With Uber, you just tap to request a ride, and it’s easy to pay with credit card or cash (in selected cities only).
Whether you’re going to the airport or across town, there’s an Uber for every occasion. Uber is available in more than 500 cities worldwide – download the app and take your first trip today.
Requesting your Uber is easy – here’s how it works:
- Just open the app and tell us where you want to go.
- The app uses your location so your driver knows where to pick you up.
- You’ll see your driver’s picture and vehicle details, and can track their arrival on the map.
- Payment can be made by credit card, cash (in selected cities only), Apple Pay, Android Pay, PayPal and more.
- After the ride, you can rate your driver and provide feedback to help us improve the Uber experience. You’ll also get a receipt by email.
Need a simple way to get from A to B quickly? Take uberX, our most affordable option for individual travel.
Want to save money on your ride? Take uberPOOL – you’ll travel with other riders heading in the same direction, and enjoy a lower fare.
Want a more exclusive experience? Take a high-end vehicle with UberBLACK. And there are even more options – whether you’re travelling with a big group or need a vehicle with accessibility features.
See if Uber is available in your city at https://www.uber.com/cities
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/uber
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/uber
Got a question? Visit uber.com/help.
Note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.222.4
The new Uber app is here – and it’s all about making your Uber experience faster, smarter and more personal.
We’ve rebuilt everything for speed and simplicity, so it’s easier than ever to tap and go. There’s a lot to explore, but here’s a quick overview:
- Start with your destination: now, when you open the app, we ask you one question first – Where to? Because where you’re going is the most crucial thing – especially when you’re in a hurry.
- Save time with smart shortcuts: to speed up your pickup, the new app takes into account your ride history and makes suggestions based on where you are and the time of day.
- Know before you go: with upfront fares for most trips, you can compare the total cost of each option. Enabling you to always pick the right ride for the occasion.
- Manage your trip in one place: your trip feed shows you everything you need to know about the ride, including driver details and arrival time. You can also split the cost of the ride with friends. Or share your trip live with loved ones so they can follow your journey.
Take the new Uber app out for a spin and let us know what you think. And watch this space for even more exciting updates – we’ll let you know when additional features and integrations are launched.
Constantly tracking you
The app now requires constant background location tracking. Not cool; not appropriate.
Always on location = bad idea
Loved the previous version. Always on location is a NO-NO for me. You could have given an option to limit location access. For now am gonna stop using uber until this is sorted
Always Location ON - why?
Always Location ON? why guys? bad idea....and different payment options still can't be labelled (business, personal etc)...does anybody at Uber read these reviews?
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 24, 2016
- Version: 3.222.4
- Size: 158 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Uber Technologies, Inc.
- © Uber Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.