Vancouver Trees is a mobile app that describes commonly cultivated deciduous and evergreen trees in the Metro Vancouver area. The app is available in a professional version (Vancouver Trees Pro), and in a no-frills basic version (Vancouver Trees Basic). Users of both apps can:
· browse and search an extensive database of nearly 1,000 trees by common or scientific name, each one accurately described by its identification features, ecological needs and availability;
· advanced search for trees based on a long list of identification features and landscape use criteria;
· view essential information on each tree;
· read detailed descriptions for each genus and species;
· search a gallery of more than 2,500 tree images; and
· view and search a glossary of more than 350 terms.
Users of Vancouver Trees Pro will also be able to:
· share essential information on each tree;
· view high-resolution and share low-resolution tree images from the gallery;
· view over 3,500 mapped tree locations in the Metro Vancouver area;
· create favourite plant lists, either to share or to make a personal archive for quick referencing; and
· add notes on favourite lists to individually tagged plants.
The app is a comprehensive resource for landscape architects, students in landscape architecture, landscape professionals, gardeners, arborists, or anyone else with an interest in Vancouver’s trees. The app will help users to make informed decisions when planting and designing with trees. Proceeds from the sale of Vancouver Trees go to the UBC Botanical Garden.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is easy to use and it full of fantastic information.
- The University of British Columbia
- 410.3 MB
- Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The University of British Columbia
- In-App Purchases
- Vancouver Trees Pro $9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.