Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Verbally is an easy-to-use, comprehensive Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) app for the iPad. Verbally brings speech to those without and enables real conversation with its simple, intuitive design. Just tap in what you want to say and Verbally speaks for you. Premium Features available with an in-app purchase.
PRAISE AND RECOGNITION
"The beauty of Verbally is that it works right out of the gate. There is no need to learn grids, import photos, or spend hours customizing." - The iMums review May 2012
"The program is a dream for Speech/Language Pathologists. I use it in so many different ways with different ages and different disabilities." - Catherine Marchand, MSc, LCSP, Speech Pathologist
"Verbally is by far the best AAC app that I have seen" - Technology in (Spl) Education, April 2011
"Priceless app! Patients will be able communicate without spending a fortune" - iTunes review, Dr NT, March 2011
WHY CHOOSE VERBALLY?
Unlike other AAC solutions, Verbally's simple design allows users to communicate quickly and effectively, with very little physical effort. So intuitive, you can have a conversation immediately!
• Core Words Grid - contains 50 essential words to save you over 50% of the taps required to input your sentences.
• Core Phrases Grid - offers common phrases to enable faster & easier conversation.
• Text Prediction - learns the words you use and makes self-expression easier. Even import your contacts, to better predict names you use the most.
• Choice of 3 keyboard layouts or use a Bluetooth keyboard -just press Enter to Speak!
• Choice of male or female voice.
• Choice of settings for speaking method. Turn on “Speak Each Word” to have the app speak as soon as each word is completed or when you tap a phrase. Turn it off to speak after you’ve completed your sentence and tap “Speak”. You can also tap “Repeat” to say the last sentence again.
• A handy chime to get someone’s attention.
• Steady Hands feature – if you have limited fine motor abilities this feature makes it easier to type. With this set to “on”, the app will only register when you lift your finger off of the intended letter on the keyboard.
• No Wi-Fi or 3G connection required.
VERBALLY PREMIUM available with in-app upgrade:
• Add your OWN favorite phrases! Create and save all of your most commonly used phrases and organize them in your own way. This will allow even greater speed in your conversations.
• 5 high quality voices (3 English-US voices, 2 English-UK voices) that speak with greater clarity, realism and inflection.
• Conversation history is saved for you to easily scan through and tap what you would like to say again. Delete unwanted phrases from your history to make it even more effective.
• Connect via Email! Easily compose your message using all of Verbally's features and tap a button to send it through your email account.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM VERBALLY?
Verbally is an invaluable communication aid for people with a speech disability due to such things as autism, aphasia, apraxia, ataxia, ALS, stroke, traumatic brain injury, parkinson's, cerebral palsy, down syndrome or muscular dystrophy.
Whatever the need, Verbally is an easy to use, invaluable tool to have a conversation and speak for yourself. Easily. Expressively. Verbally.
Verbally is the first powerful app from Intuary, named to Bloomberg Businessweek.com’s 2011 Most Promising Social Entrepreneurs. Intuary is committed to empowering users through intuitive design.
Verbally acknowledges the contributions of Amy Roman, M.S., CCC-SLP, augmentative alternative communication specialist, and creator of The AlphaCore™ Method © 2006.
For news & more info, Like Verbally on Facebook: http://facebook.com/verballyapp or follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/verballyapp
Love Verbally? Give us a great review in iTunes!
What's New in Version 2.4
• Added 2 new British voices - one male, one female
• Fixed crashes when managing saved favorite phrases
I have ALS and am trying this program but having trouble with getting enough volume . The iPad is turned up as high as it will go but still not enough volume. Any suggestions to correct this problem?
I have brain trauma and lost the ability to talk at age 1. Now I can talk to my friends and family! My body became very still from the trauma and my right hand is always balled with my thumb sticking out. So I type with my thumb on my right hand. Thank you makers of this amazing app!
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Mar 27, 2013
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 329 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: INTUARY, INC.
- © 2011 Intuary, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Verbally Premium$119.99