Visual Attention Therapy - Cognitive Training
By Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Visual Attention Therapy helps brain injury and stroke survivors, as well as struggling students, to improve scanning abilities. It also helps rehab professionals to assess for neglect and provide more efficient and effective therapy for attention deficits.
**TRY FOR FREE by downloading Visual Attention Therapy Lite**
Practicing scanning from left to right across a page helps retrain the brain to move the eyes correctly. Strengthening this essential skill can improve reading, concentration, memory, attention to detail, and speed of processing. Using two targets at once can help users with working memory and alternating attention.
1) Use the Test mode to help determine if a scanning or attention deficit exists.
2) Use the Practice mode to train scanning to find targets in order.
CANCELLATION TASKS JUST GOT BETTER
This professional cognitive training app takes traditional cancellation exercises, the evidence-based standard for testing and treating visuospatial neglect, and enhances them with benefits that are only available through technology:
* Targets must be tapped from left to right, top to bottom in Practice mode, training users to slow down and scan the entire screen before they can move forward.
* Sidebar signal can flash in a variety of colors to draw attention to the left or right.
* Auditory and a variety of visual cues give instant feedback and keep users engaged.
* Timed exercises increase motivation to work quickly and accurately.
* No need to spend time counting errors. Automated scoring includes data for accuracy by quadrant, time for completion, and mistakes in professional e-mailed reports.
* Adjustable layouts and 10 levels of difficulty allow you to customize the experience to meet changing needs or multiple users.
* An endless variety of combinations eliminates the need to photocopy exercises and saves paper.
Visual Attention Therapy was developed by a certified Speech-Language Pathologist and is used worldwide by SLPs, occupational therapists, vision specialists, and neuropsychologists to help adults and children with dyslexia, dementia, and attentional deficits.
People of all ages enjoy racing against the clock to challenge themselves to improve on their scores while improving their cognitive and reading skills. Levels featuring letters can support literacy goals, while symbol-based levels challenge visual memory skills.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“This app takes a simple, familiar format and turns it into a dynamic, interactive tool with the ability to be age appropriate for anyone from preschoolers to elderly adults.” —SLP
“Visual Attention Therapy is guaranteed to be one of those beautiful apps that, when you see it and try it out, will make you exclaim 'Finally!' We were this close to hugging it, to be honest. Thanks for yet another amazing release, Tactus Therapy.” —SLP
“This is one of those apps that is an OT's dream! In addition to using this app in the traditional sense, I like to print out screenshots to make paper-pencil scanning tasks.” —OT
“I was not sure if children would be motivated to use this app, but the 'no nonsense' approach really seemed to help the children with their attention & task persistence. They especially enjoyed the immediate feedback they got regarding their speed & accuracy. I recommend this app for school-aged children having difficulty with visual scanning/tracking, reading, working memory, & copying skills.”—OT
“It’s not just the feedback that sets this app apart from my paper tasks. When you consider all of the levels available, this app is like have an entire book of visual attention tasks. There are so many options – check it out!” —SLP
This app contains no outside ads or in-app purchases, does not collect or transmit personal data, and links can be deactivated. Supporting evidence for the design of this app can be found at www.tactustherapy.com.
What's New in Version 1.07
*Great new usability enhancements including:
- level previews to see what each level looks like
- instructional overlay to replace the Practice pop-up screen
- Settings help boxes to explain each option
*Test results are now shown on-screen (instead of only in the e-mail report), so you can more easily identify quadrants of neglect, ranked in order
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jan 29, 2016
- Version: 1.07
- Size: 9.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd
- © Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.