Visual Attention Therapy - Cognitive Training
By Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Visual Attention Therapy helps people with visuospatial neglect improve scanning abilities while helping rehab professionals provide more efficient and effective therapy. Using traditional cancellation exercises, the evidence-based standard for testing and treating neglect, this professional cognitive training app is loaded with benefits that are only available through technology.
“Visual Attention TherAppy is guaranteed to be one of those beautiful apps that, when you see it and try it out, will make you exclaim “Finally!” We were this close to hugging it, to be honest. Thanks for yet another amazing release, Tactus Therapy.” —SLP
COGNITIVE EXERCISE ENHANCEMENTS YOU CAN’T GET ANYWHERE ELSE
Visual Attention Therapy uniquely improves upon a traditional therapy task by taking advantage of the iPad’s functionality:
* Targets must be tapped from left to right, top to bottom in Practice mode, compelling users to slow down and scan the entire screen before they can move forward.
* Sidebar signal can flash in a variety of colors to draw attention to the left or right.
* Auditory and visual cues give instant feedback.
* Timed exercises increase motivation to work quickly and accurately.
* No need to spend time counting errors. Automated scoring includes data for accuracy by quadrant, time for completion, and mistakes in professional e-mailed reports.
* An endless variety of combinations eliminates the need to photocopy exercises and saves paper.
DESIGNED TO STRENGTHEN ATTENTION SPAN & VISUAL SCANNING
Practicing scanning from left to right across a page helps retrain the brain to move the eyes correctly. Strengthening this essential skill can improve reading, concentration, memory, attention to detail, and speed of processing. Using two targets at once can help users with working memory and alternating attention.
Visual Attention Therapy was developed by a certified Speech-Language Pathologist to help stroke and brain injury survivors. It is now used by SLPs, occupational therapists, vision specialists, and neuropsychologists around the world with adults and children with dyslexia, dementia, and attentional or organizational deficits. People of all ages enjoy racing against the clock to challenge themselves to improve on their scores while improving their cognitive and reading skills.
“I often find working on attention as a common goal. This app gives a practice mode and a test mode. I often use the practice mode until the residents get the hang of what is required of them. They find it to be a challenge to scan! I love this app. It makes making progress toward goals easy!” —SLP
ENGAGING APP EASILY TAILORED TO MEET CHANGING NEEDS
* Use the Test mode to help determine if a scanning or attention deficit exists
* Use the Practice mode to train scanning to find targets in order
* Adjust the field size to provide between 24 to 228 items on the screen
* Choose between 1 or 2 targets
* Progress through 10 levels of difficulty combining symbols and letters
“[Visual Attention Therapy] takes a simple, familiar format and turns it into a dynamic, interactive tool with the ability to be age appropriate for anyone from preschoolers to elderly adults.” —SLP
This app contains no outside ads, offers no in-app purchases, does not collect or transmit personal data, and links can be deactivated. Supporting evidence for the design of this app can be found at tactustherapy.com/app/vat/
Not convinced? See for yourself with one sample exercise by downloading Visual Attention Therapy Lite for FREE!
What's New in Version 1.05
You asked and we listened. Feedback from users like you inspired these latest improvements:
MORE OPTIONS FOR CANCELLED TARGETS
Four new treatments for showing cancelled targets now available in addition to Fade.
* Cross Out: Looks familiar, just like the paper version
* Red: Bright color makes cancelled targets more distinct
* Negative: Extra reinforcement for people with low vision
* Blank: Erases the cancelled targets from the screen
CHOOSE BETWEEN 4 SIGNAL COLORS
Match the signal color in the app to the tape color you use around your rehab unit or personal spaces for greater consistency. All colors can be easily set to flash and placed on right or left side.
MAXIMIZE FONT SIZE
Did you see this new setting from our last update that improves usability for those with low vision? Magnify the size of letters and symbols with this newer option found in the Settings.
Thank you for using Visual Attention Therapy. We hope you enjoy this free update. Writing a review in the App Store does wonders for helping others find this beneficial app. If you’d be willing to give 2 minutes to leave feedback on the App Store, we’d be ever so grateful!
Can be frustrating for patient as iPad does not always respond to finger touch.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Dec 15, 2014
- Version: 1.05
- Size: 3.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd
- © Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.