VLC for Mobile is a port of the free VLC media player to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
It can play all your movies, shows and music in most formats directly without conversion.
It allows file synchronization with Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud Drive, iTunes, direct downloads and through WiFi sharing as well as streaming from SMB, FTP, UPnP/DLNA media servers and the web.
VLC offers support for advanced subtitles including full SSA compatibility, multi-track audio, and playback speed control.
VLC for Mobile is completely free and open source.
· Fixed the swiping Gestures to change brightness and Volume
· Chromecasting is not stopping anymore when locking the device
· Fixed Video not being displayed over an external Screen via HDMI
· Fixed Audio not working after pausing and leaving the App
· Fixed opening external files in VLC or from the Files app
· Fixed an issue where songs where skipped when playing albums or playlists
· Better 360 video behavior when pannings
Ratings and Reviews
And that is the only reason I put up with this app.
Songs constantly stop playing on this version!
Couple of iOS versions ago, music playback was slightly garbled and it took developers almost a year to rectify the problem.
Get your act together.
Works well, looking forward to updates.!.
Plays all of my media files just fine, the pause feature works, but whenever I pause the media I am watching & go to the home screen or another app briefly, then return back to the VLC app (without ever permanently closing it off) & I un-pause the paused media, I see a black screen instead of the image where I paused said media, & also un-pausing it plays sound only with a black screen for 3-5 seconds before the media re-appears again. It would be great if this could be fixed with an update.. Another thing that would be VERY useful is being able to play the media in a minimized window (picture in picture) on the iPad Pro much like the Netflix app offers. The above reasons are why I knocked off 1 star. I appreciate the updates & quick fixes you guys provide! This is on my 2nd Gen 12.9 iPad Pro 2, running iOS 11.0.1. THANK-YOU for improving the app!
It does what I need and a little bit more however I’ve noticed it uses quite a bit of battery...
- 124.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bosnian, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © VideoLAN and authors
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.