Voice Dream Writer helps everyone write better: Text-to-speech proofreading reduces mistakes, phonetic and meaning search help you use the right words, and an active outline helps you organize and improve the structure of your writing.
• Featured in the US App Store Education Collection.
• "Voice Dream Writer's technically designed for people with reading disabilities, but it's useful for just about anyone who needs a little help proofing." - Lifehacker
Text-To-Speech Proofreading. Professional proofreaders recommend reading out loud as the best way to catch mistakes. Like a personal proofreader, Voice Dream Writer reads your writing using text-to-speech, so you can easily spot awkward sentences, grammatical errors and typos. Also, it can read words and sentences as you type or voice dictate. This way, you can type faster because you no longer have to look up to check the text you just wrote.
Word Finder. Voice Dream Writer helps you find the right words using phonetic search and meaning search. For example, search for "inuf" phonetically, and you will find "enough", and search for "Fast Africa Cat" by meaning and you will find "Cheetah." Word Finder also shows you the dictionary definition of a word as you type without you having to select anything or open another program.
Outline. As you write, Voice Dream Writer automatically creates an outline of headings, paragraphs and sentences. The Outline helps you structure your document better by giving you an always-on overview. You can also quickly navigate to a section in a long document without endless scrolling. Finally, you can drag and drop elements in the Outline to organize your writing. No more selecting, cutting and pasting large blocks of text.
Besides these unique features, Voice Dream Writer also comes with everything you would expect from any great writing tool:
• Comprehensive settings for text appearance
• Uncluttered writing area
• Search for text
• Search for misspelled words
• Word count
• Synchronize and backup with iCloud
• Import and export for Dropbox, Google Drive, and Box
• Preview and print with multiple themes
• Markdown support for formatting
• Export to Microsoft Word format (compatible with Apple Pages)
• Support for Bluetooth keyboard
The app is not only fully accessible, it was designed with students and adults with print disabilities in mind. There are special tools for VoiceOver users to manage the cursor, select text, and find and correct misspelled words by stepping through them. Voice-based Proofreading and Phonetic Search are invaluable for people with dyslexia. Also included is the research-proven Dyslexie font.
Voice Dream Writer will continue to evolve. We would love to hear from you!
- Support for iPhone X.
- Better handle of large accessibility text sizes.
- Minor bug fixes and UI enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Was not able to open any file from google drive and cloud. Sorry that i spent more than 10 dollars for something that's not working at all.
This app, just like Voice Dream reader, is a hundred miles ahead of any other app of its kind on any mobile platform. I've tried them all. This one puts them to shame. Pure genius. Thanks so much for all your hard work.
Suggestions for Improvement
- Combine Reader & Writer into single app.
- Add streamlined, no-frills in-app web browser which allows usage of voices from Reader ( see Writing Kit).
- Add different font and background options (again, see Writing Kit).
- Improve document format controls (spacing, alignment, etc.).
The above improvements (app combing and web browser with voices especially) would make this app bad-a**. As it stands, it's "okay," but has potential.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.