Wayward Souls is an action-adventure game built for quick playthroughs and massive amounts of replay value. It was inspired by Spelunky, Secret of Mana, and our previous game, Mage Gauntlet.
Procedurally generated random levels mean that every time you play the game, it's a different experience. Control one of six characters, all with their own unique playstyles, abilities, and equipment. Explore and fight for survival, in combat where your tactics, positioning, and timing matter.
- Fancy control scheme with no virtual buttons or sticks to fumble over.
- Unlock new areas, for increasingly punishing difficulty.
- 13 area types, all with different monsters, potential traps, and rare encounters.
- Each character can find equipment combinations that change their gameplay.
- Victory is based on your increasing skill as a player, not solely on grinding.
- No IAP ever, even for the hats. All content updates will be free for our fans.
- Unprecedented scope and variety for an action-adventure game on iOS, maybe anywhere.
Another update is being planned! Expect a new character to play as in 3rd quarter of 2016.
@rocketcatgames or www.facebook.com/rocketcatgames
- Fix for rare crashes when using teleporter tiles
- Fix for a similar crash when facing the current final boss
Paladin Update should be next! Likely in the first quarter of 2017, we have to wrap up the PC version first so we can port the PC content to the update.
It will be our last content update for Wayward Souls. New character class with new abilities, new special dungeon for that character, and his own story. Then other new features and content, such as rare minibosses, new songs, new animations for every character and monster, and more!
Ratings and Reviews
At fist I was like woot 8 bit dungeon crawling the controls where great no in app purchases a real game
But then.... it takes forever to get the much needed money for upgrades witch get costly fast and the hats give no buffs? Wtf the forge sucks not overly happy with my 10$
Still my fav game on the AppStore
Best game on the AppStore for a while! The game is so deep and challenging, I recommend it to anyone who likes roguelikes, old school Zelda exploration and the Dark souls level of challenge! Can't wait for the last update!
- Rocketcat LLC
- 47.9 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Rocketcat, LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.