Write is a modern note taking app with a stunning interface.
NOTE: iCloud sync between iOS and Mac version of Write is currently broken. I have no definite date on a fix for this. Dropbox sync should be working just fine.
You might be a writer, student, blogger or just a simple person who likes to keep things in order and make life productive, you'll love Write!
No matter where you store your notes, Write will organise and present them beautifully.
- Full Multimarkdown 4 Support
- Syntax Highlighting and a unique Rich Text Markdown mode
- Distraction free writing interface
- Beautiful handpicked fonts and support to use your own fonts
- Type Writer Scrolling
- Customisable Theme and Export CSS
- Butter smooth scrolling no matter how big your document
- Word, Sentence, Paragraph count and Estimated Reading Time stats
- Drag Drop Image/URL Support via panels
- Select to Copy HTML offers super quick way to get HTML code for a particular piece of markdown text
- Dark Theme
- Menu bar app
Tags & Syncing
- Organise your notes with tags
- Any tag you add via Write will be available in Finder (Mavericks only)
- Any tag you add via Write for iOS will be available in Finder
- Full Dropbox* synchronisation for notes
- Ability to use Google Drive, Box.net, SkyDrive, etc to read, edit & save your notes*.
*requires respective Mac client app.
- Export as PDF, RTF and HTML
- Share over iMessage or AirDrop
- Post on Twitter or Facebook
- Customisable Export CSS
If you're facing any issues please contact us directly at email@example.com instead of leaving your remarks in reviews, we guarantee a response within 24hrs.
If you like the app please take a moment to leave a nice review, it helps us a lot.
- Fixed issue causing blank screen at startup on High Sierra.
- Fixed issue which caused close, minimize button to gray out after saving a new file in a new window.
- Added option to show main window in dock icons context menu and under app menu's Window context.
- Write now requires minimum macOS v10.12.
Please consider leaving a good review if you find the app helpful.
Ratings and Reviews
Wanted to Love It...
I have this app for both OSX and iOS and on the phone it’s so painfully slow on iOS. The desktop app is pretty good, but it is clearly out of development, and while it looks great, without a decent iOS companion app, there’s just no point.
App offers no customer support
This is a wonderful app. Looks great. Simple. Easy to use. It was my go-to writing app for the first week after I bought it.
One day, I clicked on a document to view it in full-screen. When I tried to scroll down, I couldn’t. There appeared to be some glitch. The kind of thing that, I guess, should be easy to solve. I emailed their customer support about it. A couple of days later, I emailed them again. And again. And again. It is two weeks later and I still haven’t received any reply. I still can’t scroll.
Go ahead and buy the app. Just know that you are on your own. Their customer support is non-existant.
my absolute go to app for note taking
I love, love, love the “Write” for Mac app. I write everything down, and am constantly losing my little scraps of paper, or notebooks etc. So I was more than happy when I found “Write” it is an easy to comprehend app that allows you to write down, record your thoughts, notes, documents, etc. It keeps them all in one place, you can flag them for finding them easily. Now when I jot down a thought, or save an address or other notes, I know exactly where to go to retrieve them. It also syncs my notes on all of my devices. If I save a note on my Mac desktop, when I open “Write” on my phone, there it is, waiting for me.
Thank you for an easy to navigate app that just works.
- Tanmay Sonawane
- 13.1 MB
- macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tanmay Sonawane
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.