XCOM Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
XCOM, the Extraterrestrial Combat Unit - humanity’s last hope.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
An electrifying combination of turn-based tactics, global strategy and sophisticated role-playing, XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition puts you in charge of XCOM, a top-secret military organisation responsible for defending Earth from a devastating alien invasion.
Take command on the battlefield while you simultaneously develop XCOM’s headquarters, train and equip its forces and negotiate with national governments. As civilian attacks and abductions work to create worldwide panic, you must outsmart and overpower your mysterious enemies before government funding for XCOM dries up completely.
• A beautifully realised re-imagining of the groundbreaking classic X-COM: UFO Defense.
• Command XCOM’s soldiers in tense turn-based battles where each decision could be the difference between game-changing gains or devastating losses for humanity.
• Expand the XCOM base, manage its resources, oversee international relations and control Earth’s satellite coverage and air defenses.
• Recruit, customise and equip an elite squad, then upgrade each soldier’s unique skills and abilities as they gain experience in the field.
• Recover artifacts from battle and use them to research and build powerful technologies that can be turned against the invaders.
• Mix and match aliens and soldiers to create powerful squads in LAN and online multiplayer.
• XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition includes the Slingshot and Elite Soldier Pack add-on content, as well as the Second Wave update, which includes a series of gameplay modifiers that add further depth and flexibility to the campaign.
Important information regarding XCOM: Enemy Unknown – Elite Edition:
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 15GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and NVIDIA 8xxx series. The following graphics cards require 8GB of system RAM: Intel HD3000, NVIDIA 9400 and NVIDIA 320M.
• You can find out more about the game on the XCOM: Enemy Unknown – Elite Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/xcomenemyunknown
© 1994-2013 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., 2K, 2K Games, Firaxis Games, XCOM, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, XCOM: Enemy Within, and their respective logos are trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Unreal® is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998-2013, Epic Games, Inc. This software product includes Autodesk® Scaleform® software, © 2013 Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk, and Scaleform are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. DTS and the DTS Symbol are registered trademarks of DTS, Inc. and DTS Digital Surround is a trademark of DTS, Inc. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. The content of this videogame is fictional and is not intended to represent or depict an actual record of the events, persons, locations, or entities in the game’s setting. The makers and publishers of this videogame do not in any way endorse, condone or encourage engaging in any conduct depicted in this videogame.
What's New in Version 1.2.2
• Fixes a bug that prevented XCOM: Enemy Within from launching on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
Would like to tell you...
I would love to actually be able to review the game, but it crashes on startup every time.
Still crashes on El Capitan 10.11.1
However, the trick from what Tech Support says is to log out of Game Centre on the mac. It’s worked for me so far.
Faithful to the original in all ways, including difficulty
WARNING - under OS X 10.11 El Capitan, always crashes.
The game mechanics are nearly identical to the original but the graphics are decades ahead of it. I could never finish the original without cheating (in those days I hacked the binary save files to give me unlimited money - in this game if you do a web search online you will find a built-in way to make your soldiers extremely strong but even with that cheat the game is still very tough.) I'm very, very impressed with the high quality graphical interface. The slo-mo cam is innovative and intense, if overused in duration. But the main reason this game is great is the original game design was so great. In fact I still pine for the original game. This revision feels too console-y. The aleins take too long to take their turns. And the original somehow scared me much more often with the surprise alien appearances. But I don't regret this purchase at all. Now that I finished it with cheating, I'm going to try again with less cheating. Thanks to Sid Meier for making a game that has impacted my life.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 05, 2014
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 13.55 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © 1994-2013 Take-Two Interactive Software. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8.5 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- XCOM: Enemy Within$39.99