Welcome to Yellowknife Old Town Soundwalk! This audio tour shares the stories, music and history of our four distinct neighborhoods of the Old Town that highlight our humble beginnings.
Your tour of the Old Town starts in Willow Flats & the Woodyard - Old Town’s hardworking neighborhood at the corner of Franklin Avenue and School Draw. At the end of this neighborhood tour, you will be given instructions on how to get to the next neighborhood, The Rock (Tour 2), Peace River Flats (Tour 3), or Latham Island & N’Dilo (Tour 4).
The time for each Old Town neighborhood audio tour is an estimate of how long it takes to listen to the audio clips, read some of the text and to walk from point A to B. Use it as a general guideline of planning your visit to each neighborhood. But, make sure you allow for those serendipitous moments of discovery in these areas, like a stop to enjoy a garden, an interesting conversation with a local, or a fabulous photographic opportunity.
Enjoy this stroll from the present to our past in Yellowknife’s Old Town and don’t forget to say hello when you meet an Old Town resident along the way.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. We advise you to quit the app when finished.
Completely new design.
- Get alerts when you reach stops on a tour
- support for the Apple Watch
- You can now set audio to play automatically when you reach a stop
- Rosanna Strong
- 67.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Strong Interpretation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.