Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ladies and gentlemen, start your iPhone.
Zipcar members, you can use your iPhone or iPod touch to quickly and easily find and reserve a Zipcar around the corner or across the globe. You can also honk the horn, and even lock and unlock the doors. The streamlined interface makes for a very smooth ride.
We don’t like to toot our own horn, but here goes: The Zipcar App was one of Time Magazine’s “Best Travel Gadgets of 2009,” one of Wired’s “Five Commuter iPhone Apps You’ve Gotta Try,” was featured in an iPhone commercial, and voted one of Time Magazine’s 50 best iPhone apps for 2011. (Toot! Toot!)
As always, we’ll keep working to make the Zipcar App better and better and filled with more of the features Zipsters want to see.
10 COOL THINGS MEMBERS CAN DO WITH THE ZIPCAR APP:
1) View available Zipcars on a map or in a list using your current location, a favorite location or any location
2) Reserve a Zipcar any time, 24/7
3) Sort cars by time available, car type and model
4) View upcoming reservations
5) Easily locate your reserved Zipcar by honking its horn
6) Unlock and lock your Zipcar after scanning your Zipcard at the start of each reservation
7) Get directions to your Zipcar
8) Tap to contact Zipcar if help is needed during a reservation
9) Change, extend, or cancel reservations on the go
10) Play around with the virtual key fob and make sounds even when you're not in a reservation
NOT A MEMBER?
Download the app and kick the tires. See which Zipcars live near you (we're in 16 major cities and on university campuses across North America and the UK), make fun sounds with the virtual key fob and learn what being a Zipster is all about. Join Zipcar and the app gets even cooler, because then you can reserve, honk and unlock Zipcars with your iPhone. To hear what current members are saying, find us on Facebook. To learn more about Zipcar or to sign up, visit zipcar.com.
Get the free download now. If you're a fan, tell a friend and rate us. If you think there's a way we can make it better, visit zipcar.com/mobile/contact and tell us what you think.
What's New in Version 3.4.1
- Improved experience when searching in map view
- Improved localisation support, including better date formatting
- German language support
- Other minor bug fixes
Needs support for iOS 7
The app is the selling feature for ZipCar and the main way customers interact with the company. Why is it not a major priority, a full time job of somebody at ZipCar? Despite the update, it's still on iOS6 and in fact, ZipCar has abandoned the "upcoming improvements" that they were teasing over a year ago.
Needs a damage reporting tool: take a picture of the damage, view other Zipster's photos of past damage so you know it's not new and don't have to report it again.
Needs an iOS7 keyboard, date selectors and a flat UI.
Finally, be innovative! iOS7 features iBeacons that would allow a Zipster to tie their iPhone into their account and when approaching a ZipCar that has been rented, the key fob would appear automatically making the card unnecessary and the app truly useful as a key replacement.
ZipCar, I hope you stop being complacent or somebody else is going to come up and take your place as the innovative and cool car rental company.
U need this ap if u want to use zip car. Just streamlines ur whole experience. Get it.