The Mercedes 219, 220 Ponton
Bernd S. Koehling
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
This revised edition covers the complete history of the 219 and 220 executive ponton series with its cabriolet and coupe derivations. It comes with over 60 unique photos, most of them recent and in color. Backed by detailed information sourced directly from Daimler AG, this book deals with all engine variations, discusses the updates, gives insights into the exciting rally history and lets the reader enjoy the ownership of a 220S today. Complete technical specifications and annual production figures are included.
The author Bernd S. Koehling has over 25 books and e-books about Mercedes-Benz to his credit.
One can read in this guide about
- the development of the W180 sedan
- the 220a
- the 219 W105 as first attempt to sell a larger engine in a more affordable package
- the 220S
- the first fuel injected ponton engine in the W128
- the S and SE cabriolet and coupe
- the racing history for example with Schock in Monte Carlo and
- how it is to experience a 220S sedan today
- the technical specifications and
- the production history