How Branding Design Really Works
A. Michael Shumate
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
• Can all of us learn why certain corporate identities have been used for decades, some for more than half a century, and still look contemporary, while others look dated and tired in only a few years?
• Are there principles of identity design that don’t change, principles that transcend fad and fashion?
• Are there really only four different kinds of corporate identity concepts? Does it matter?
• Are there visual techniques to turn a common concept into an uncommon, even remarkable identity?
• Can the Seven Deadly Sins of Logo Design be avoided?
• Can these things be learned without years of fruitless trial and error?
With clear, real world examples, the answers are all provided in this book. You’ll see with your own eyes concepts and principles not found in any other book on branding design. And they work.