Mac OS X Snow Leopard Just the Steps For Dummies
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Mac OS X Snow Leopard is the newest version of the Mac operating system, with extra power and additional cool features. Mac OS X Snow Leopard Just The Steps For Dummies is the quick step-by-step way to get up and running on this new beast.
This down-to-basics guide features numbered steps and easy-to-follow screen shots that show you exactly how to accomplish more than 150 tasks with Snow Leopard. You’ll learn to:
- Modify the look of the desktop and customize keyboard shortcuts
- Create and manage user accounts
- Save energy by adjusting power settings
- Install and use the iWork productivity suite
- Browse the Internet with Safari or Firefox
- Design and publish a blog or a Web page with iWeb
- Configure iChat for use with GoogleTalk
- Set up iTunes and export songs to your iPod
- Make movies with iMovie and burn them to DVDs
- Download photos from your camera and organize them in iPhoto
- Connect your Mac to a Windows network
- Encrypt your files, safeguard against viruses, and install a firewall
Each task is clearly presented, with step-by-step instructions and corresponding views of what you’ll see on the screen at each step. Mac OS X Snow Leopard Just The Steps For Dummies makes it easy to find what you want to do, and even easier to do it!