Take Control of Making Music with GarageBand '09
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Get creative and make music with the built-in loops in GarageBand '09!
Seattle composer Jeff Tolbert's step-by-step instructions guide beginning and intermediate users through using GarageBand's built-in loops to create three songs, explaining not only how to use GarageBand's editing and mixing features but also how to be playful and creative while composing tunes that please the ear. You'll learn how to plan a song, get the most out of Magic GarageBand, edit and arrange Real Instrument and Software Instrument loops in numerous ways, create exciting mixes, and export your masterpieces.
The book also covers how to change track volume, tempo, and panning dynamically, and how to work with GarageBand's effects. Plus, it includes seven suggestions for solving performance problems.
Bonus! Linked-in audio lets you listen to examples while you read about them, and a five-page glossary helps you quickly learn about music-related terms.
Questions you'll find answers to include:
• What's the arrange track used for?
• How can I use the stock GarageBand loops to make a cool song?
• How do I edit Software Instrument loops?
• I don't read music. Why do I care about Notation view?
• How do I change the tempo in different sections of my tune?
• How do I make my mixes more dynamic and interesting?
• How can I customize a Magic GarageBand song so it doesn't sound like everyone else's?
• How do I make a killer drum break out of GarageBand loops?
• How can I make a ringtone for my iPhone?
- Category: Digital Media
- Published: Apr 22, 2009
- Publisher: TidBITS Publishing Inc.
- Seller: TidBITS Publishing Inc.
- Print Length: 117 Pages
- Language: English