'Tis the season for love, laughter, and one of the most cherished stories of all time! Join Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, and all the hilarious Muppets in this merry, magical version of Charles Dickens' classic tale. Academy Award® winner Michael Caine (Best Supporting Actor, 2000, The Cider House Rules; 1987, Hannah And Her Sisters) gives a performance that's anything but "bah, humbug!" as greedy, penny-pinching Ebenezer Scrooge. One fateful Christmas Eve, Scrooge is visited by the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future. Together with kind, humble Bob Cratchit (Kermit the Frog) and his family, the Spirits open Scrooge's eyes -- and his heart -- to the true meaning of Christmas. Filled with original music and dazzling special effects, this restored and remastered 50th Anniversary Edition of The Muppet Christmas Carol will become a holiday tradition your family will treasure all the days of the year.
- Rent $3.99
- Buy $19.99
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 6.5/10
- Fresh 30
- Rotten 11
Critics Consensus: It may not be the finest version of Charles Dickens' tale to grace the screen, but The Muppet Christmas Carol is funny and heartwarming, and serves as a good introduction to the story for young viewers.
A gentle, fuzzy version of the Dickens classic.
Cast & Crew
- Walt Disney Pictures
- Kids & Family
- © 1992 Jim Henson Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- English (AD, Stereo, Dolby)
- Dutch (Subtitled), French (Stereo, Dolby), Spanish (Subtitled)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with the addition of relevant non-dialogue information.
- Audio descriptions (AD) refer to a narration track describing what is happening on screen, to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.