Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability with Multitasking.
• Secure and lock your notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH WITH BEAUTIFUL INK
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect circles and straight lines.
• Ink is fine-tuned for 1st and 2nd generation Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 15 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more, or share note content to other apps with Drag and Drop.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** What’s new in 8.4.6 ***
Notability is excited to announce the inclusion of Thai language support!
• Miscellaneous bug fixes
*** What’s new in 8.4 ***
• Sneak peek of what we’ve been working on - Notability introduces perfect circles! Like our straight line feature, draw a circle and hold for it to be auto-corrected. More to come in 2019!
• Improved pinch to zoom, allowing you to zoom out to see multiple pages at once or zoom in further for detailed work.
• Added more keyboard shortcuts, including to create a new note, go back to the Library, and easily navigate within a note.
• The word count of a note is now available in the information popover
Ratings and Reviews
Colors and Files app
Could you please give us more vibrant and flashy colors for highlighting? They are really poor...
Please make the backup with iCloud Drive possible. And also importing documents from the Files app like for other cloud services, not only with drag and drop please.
This new update is a step in the right direction! Keep up the good work!
I used this app daily this semester to take notes in lectures. Unfortunately I can not recommend this app. It’s missing features that all my classmates have with other comparable apps. Partial eraser, shape recognition, and the ability to rotate pages are some of them. Also drawing straight lines doesn’t always work well enough.
It would be great if…
I got an iPad Pro for my studies in electrical engineering, and in the beginning, I was quite amazed by Notability. It is really self-explanatory, simple but powerful. But then after a while, I got jealous of some guys sitting in the row in front of me. The lecturer was drawing a circle, and Notability let me down since my circle would turn out like crap, whereas the guys in front of me (using OneNote and Goodnotes drew a ugly to-be circle that turned into the most perfect circle I have ever seen in my iPad Pro career. It was in the pause after when I started googling a bit only to find out that several (in my book) trivial issues with Notability (geometric drawing support, different eraser modes or possibility to rotate pages etc.) have already been shared on twitter with the developer in 2014!! That‘s four years ago! And still no results?! So, to potential buyers: DO NOT BUY, unless the aforementioned issues are not solved, because it will start to annoy you at some point. And given the fact, that the app costs 10 dollars, I would expect more for that money. Alternatives: OneNote is great (and free), I did not like GoodNotes so much because of the layout, but probably, I am already biased, so see for yourself.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for the helpful feedback. Shape recognition, partial eraser and page rotation are features we're keeping in mind, so we appreciate knowing of your interest in them.
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 297.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2019
- CHF 10.00
- In-App Purchases
- Spring CHF 2.00
- Winter CHF 2.00
- Fall CHF 2.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.