By Fabio Soldati
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The mountains are calling! Explore more mountains than any mountaineer! PeakFinder Earth makes it possible… and shows the names of all mountains and peaks with a 360° panorama display.
This functions completely offline – and worldwide!
PeakFinder knows more than 300’000 peaks - from Mount Everest to the little hill around the corner.
Winner of several prizes like 'Best of AppStore’‚ 'App of the Week', …
Highly recommended by macnewsworld.com, nationalgeographic.com, smokinapps.com, outdoor-magazin.com, themetaq.com, digital-geography.com, …
••• Features •••
- Works offline and worldwide
- Includes more than 300'000 peak names
- Realtime rendering of the surrounding landscapes in a range of 300km/200mil
- Digital telescope to select less prominent peaks
- 'Show me'-function for visible peaks
- Selection of the viewpoint by GPS, the peak directory or an (online) map
- Can fly like a bird from peak to peak and vertically upwards
- Uses compass and motion sensors
- Weekly updates of the peak directory
••• Ratings •••
Every good rating (including those following updates) makes me happy. The positive ratings and reviews make it possible for me to continue to improve the app for you. Many thanks!
••• Support •••
In case of questions, problems, mistakes, missing mountain names and ideas for future expansion, I am happy to help you. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 3.0.7
I've completely revised and updated PeakFinder. Now PeakFinder can fly like a bird. And much more…
I wish you much fun with this update.
••• Perspective rendering •••
For a simpler identification of mountain peaks, the contours of mountains are now highlighted.
Simplified silhouette presentation can still be chosen via settings.
••• Fly •••
PeakFinder can fly from viewpoint to viewpoint. Press on the name of mountain and then on the bird symbol. Then you can explore your next peaks.
Using the arrows at bottom left you can also fly upwards.
••• Automatic compass •••
You don't need to press the compass button any more. Just hold the device upright and the panorama is aligned automatically.
Auf jeder Wanderung dabei.
Super upgrade !
Tolles upgrade! Die "Vogel" Flüge von Berg zu Berg finde ich toll!
Auch sonst gefällt mir das neue User Interface !
- CHF 5.00
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 22 March 2017
- Version: 3.0.7
- Size: 35.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Fabio Soldati
- © 2017 PeakFinder Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.