von Ross Kimes
Öffnen Sie iTunes, um Apps zu kaufen und zu laden.
Do you live for storm chasing? You always keep an ear tuned to the weather report, so you don’t miss any news of imminent weather. You’ve been dreaming of seeing and capturing a photo of that perfectly formed funnel cloud since you were a kid.
Maybe you lean the other way. You listen to the weather too but that’s so you can take cover when things seem ominous. The more advanced the warning, the better.
Regardless of which side of the storm fence you sit on, Storm Spotter is the app you need and want when you’re looking for the most complete weather coverage possible. It turns your iDevice into a weather reporting station, with data from 155 radar sites around the continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Guam.
Storm Spotter has a bunch of great features that help you stay up-to-the-minute informed about looming weather patterns for your region and around the world. You will receive warnings for oncoming tornados, severe thunderstorms, flash floods and more. You always have the option of turning the warning displays off, if you decide that you need a little weather downtime.
As you would expect in an all-in-one weather app, there are standard, satellite or hybrid Google Maps displays to give you visual positioning and to show you the storm’s range. The flexibility of Storm Spotter allows you to set the opacity of the radar image, too.
This feature rich app gives you the option of radar animation and the ability to connect to multiple radars simultaneously, as well as navigate between frames. See? It’s perfect!
-- Some of Storm Spotter’s Features --
* Now with high resolution Level 3 data. Storm Spotter is the only app to combine Level 3 radar data with Google Maps.
* Support for Base Reflectivity (four tilts), Base Velocity (four tilts), Storm Total Rainfall, Vertically Integrated Liquid, and Echo Tops.
* A customizable Google Maps (Standard, Satellite, Hybrid, or Terrain) display that allows you to set the opacity of the radar image as well as turn the warnings display on of off.
* A complete warnings list (Tornado, Severe Thunderstorm, and Flash Flood) that also allows you to view the text file for the warning.
* Storm Spotter will automatically connect to the radar closest to the center of the screen so you can just pan around the map to see weather occurring at different parts of the country.
* Users can use the GPS to display their location on the map. Great for storm chasing, or just avoiding the storm altogether. The original iPhone can display location based on cell phone tower triangulation and iPod Touches can be located based on their IP address.
* Radar animation is available, plus the ability to manually navigate between frames.
* Saves images of connected radars between launches so you won't have to download the same image over and over again
* Shake your device to check for updates for the warnings and all of the connected radars (otherwise checks every 2 minutes).
* View all all 155 radars on the map, or see them in a list organized by state or as a list of your favorites.
* Entire application can run in landscape mode and the map can run in full screen.
If you want to stay up to date with weather for any reason, then you’d better grab your Storm Spotter now. You won’t find another app that gives you as much as this one does.
Required iOS 5.0 or later.
Neue Funktionen von Version 3.2
Fixed crash in iOS 7.
- CHF 6.00
- Kategorie: Wetter
- Aktualisiert: 20.09.2013
- Version: 3.2
- Größe: 3.0 MB
- Sprache: Englisch
- Entwickler: Ross Kimes
- © 2009-2012 Ross Kimes
Kompatibilität: Erfordert iOS 5.0 oder neuer. Kompatibel mit iPhone, iPad und iPod touch.