A powerful yet simple podcast player, with Smart Speed, Voice Boost, and Smart Playlists to help you listen to more podcasts in more places, try new shows, and completely control your experience.
Overcast is a modern, fully featured audio podcast player with many useful features in a simple, intuitive interface:
- Download podcasts for playing anytime, even when offline.
- Search and browse for new podcasts, plus get recommendations from Twitter.
- Create custom Playlists with smart filters and per-podcast priorities, and rearrange the list whenever you want.
- Receive optional push notifications when new episodes arrive.
- Subscribe to a podcast, or just add an episode: try new shows without committing.
- Download podcasts over cellular, set a sleep timer, or use Voice Boost to enhance and normalize speech volume.
- Adjust playback speed, and use Smart Speed to shrink silences and pick up extra speed without distorting the conversation.
- 3D Touch support
- Rich notifications
- Apple Watch app with standalone podcast playback
- CarPlay support
Overcast is ad-supported. If you choose to purchase Overcast Premium to remove ads, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current price for Overcast Premium is $9.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country.
- Instant Search: Find and subscribe to podcasts much more quickly, even after typing only a single letter.
- Minor fixes, including more accurate seeking and duration detection for malformed podcast files.
Way better than Podcast, still needs improvements
This app is much faster and smoother than Apple’s inbuilt podcast app with a simple interface enough to meet almost all daily listening needs. Though there’s no playing history and the marked podcasts do not appear in a single listing which makes it hard to locate your recent episodes which you might have selected from an archive of hundreds of episodes. Sure I can create a playlist and add preferred episodes in advance. But for users like me looking for more flexibility and willing to dive into podcast archives occasionally this app is not that considerate.
启用“家人共享”后，此 App 最多可供 6 名家庭成员使用。
只需开口让 Siri 帮忙，即可在此 App 中轻松搞定大小事物。