Pacific Coast Scats & Tracks
Por Natural Guides, LLC
Abre iTunes para comprar y descargar Apps.
FalconGuides’ Scats and Tracks of the Pacific Coast – A Field Guide to the Signs of 70 Wildlife Species
[California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia]
An interactive, regionally specific guide to recognizing what critters went before you—from North America’s most respected publisher of information
on outdoor recreation and the great outdoors
In Scats and Tracks of the Pacific Coast, we focus on the biogeographic region from California to British Columbia, with details about the region’s most common or characteristic species of mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians. Each species is described with concisely worded yet detailed information, easily accessible by fast and easy navigation. Simple to use and intuitively designed, field-friendly and richly illustrated, this app is the key to starting off your outing on the right track!
Who has traveled this trail before you? FalconGuides’ Scats and Tracks of the Pacific Coast will let you know if a snake, coyote, or even a grizzly bear has been your way – and might still be nearby.
Written by experienced tracker and scientist Dr. James Halfpenny, FalconGuides’ Scats and Tracks of the Pacific Coast proves that droppings and footprints have a story to tell.
What’s in this app:
* A detailed guide to animal tracking, describing the art and science of preserving tracks, understanding the anatomy of footprints, track measurements, gaits and trails, and trail measurements. Written by one of the world’s leading experts on animal tracking.
* Detailed illustrations of scats, tracks, gait patterns, and other signs of an animal’s presence, carefully organized by species, track types, and scat types.
* Individual range maps for all species.
* Easy-reference descriptions of all scats and tracks with precise measurements.
* Built-in ruler for more accurate field identification.
* An identification key and glossary of tracking terms.
* Instantly view hundreds of color images for every species with built-in links to Google Images or Flickr.
* Document your finds using the Sightings feature. More than just a field notebook, you can capture images of your find; record date, time, and precise location; and write field notes for analysis and sharing.
* Share your sightings instantly with friends and colleagues via email, Facebook, and Twitter right from the app!
Written by Dr. James C. Halfpenny, one of the world’s leading experts on animal tracking and author of numerous books on the subject of scats and tracks field identification. Illustrated by Todd Telander, an award-winning natural science illustrator, wildlife artist, and amateur tracker.
Apps in this series include:
Scats & Tracks of
Essential gear for every adventure: Outfit Your Mind™.
Novedades de la versión 1.3
- main menu title was "midwest"
Captura de pantalla del iPhone
- USD 3.99
- Categoría: Referencia
- Actualizado : 24/05/2010
- Versión: 1.3
- Tamaño: 28.7 MB
- Idioma: Inglés
- Vendedor: Natural Guides, LLC
- © FalconGuides and Natural Guides, LLC
Compatibilidad: Requiere iOS 3.1.3 o posterior. Compatible con iPhone, iPad y iPod touch.