Explore Louisiana Crossroads Visitor Guide
By Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Located in central Louisiana, the Crossroads stretches from the Mississippi River to the Texas border. “Explore Louisiana Crossroads” is the BEST APP to help you plan your trip and find the best park and recreation sites, boating and fishing opportunities, and auto and walking tours of famous historic plantations and heritage areas, among other attractions in the region. We’ll also help you find dining, lodging, and any services you may need on your trip.
Experience the charm of the original French colony in Louisiana. Natchitoches (Nack-a-tish) was established in 1714, and retains its European flavor through its architecture, heritage and lifestyle. The Crossroads area offers numerous festivals throughout the year including the Festival of Lights in Natchitoches, Louisiana’s premiere holiday destination.
The Cane River National Heritage Area Trail includes historic homes open daily along the Cane River Lake including Melrose Plantation and the National Park located at Oakland Plantation and the complex located at Magnolia referred to as the Cane River Creole National Historical Park.
Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy hiking and biking in the Kisatchie National Forest and hunting or fishing in numerous lakes, bayous, Cane River Lake and the Red River.
In the Explore Louisiana Crossroads Visitor Guides App, you can find information in specific guides designed to help you enjoy the Louisiana Crossroads region, or you can search the DO, SEE, KNOW, and SERVICES categories to easily find:
• Quick access and map locations for all recreation sites, historic sites, dining, shopping, lodging, camping, boating, fishing, and other activities available to visitors coming to the LA Crossroads Region.
• Directions, details of what to find at each site, hours of operation, fees, and other important info to get visitors to any site they want to find.
• Historical and heritage information about one of the richest historic areas of the state.
• Auto and walking tour guides for the historic and natural resource sites in the area.
• Quick access to Northwestern State University, the City of Natchitoches along with safety information, emergency contacts and more.
• Quick dial from your iPhone to contact all listings and links to area websites.
• Links within each visitors guide to other info and interesting sites you may also want to see during your trip.
• Safety information for all types of recreation activities you may want to try during your visit.
• Emergency contacts and other services that you may have need of during your trip, such as post offices, banks, hospitals, and other services.
Special Guides included in the App, to help you find exactly the location or type of experience you seek include:
• Natchitoches Visitors Guide (festivals, quick links, attractions, services you may need during your trip)
• Cane River Creole National Historical Park Guide (history, information about this famous National Park site)
• Cane River National Heritage Area Guide (Auto and Walking Tours including all sites in this special nationally-designated heritage area)
• Cane River Lake Recreation Guide (boat launches, Cane River Lake info)
• Melrose Plantation Guide (history and information about this famous site)
• Red River Recreation Guide (boat ramps, fishing access, recreation opportunities on Louisiana’s section of the Red River)
• LA Crossroads Attractions Guide (attractions and recreation areas listed)
• LA Crossroads Dining Guide (dining establishments listed)
• LA Crossroads Lodging Guide (hotels, campgrounds, B&B’s listed)
• LA Crossroads Shopping Guide (multiple shopping, gifts, and souvenirs locations listed)
What's New in Version 1.4
2012 content update
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 09 August 2012
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 65.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
- © Content Copyright 2011 Individual contributor organizations (see in-app credits sections) Application Copyright 2010,2011 Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.