Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 24 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!”
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
From the new baby to the latest sales figures, Skype makes sharing our big news better. Anyone can start calling, texting and video-conferencing—or even dialing landlines—thanks to the intuitive design. With zillions of Skype users to connect to, it’s one of the most useful apps on our iPhone and Apple Watch.
Trying so hard to be hip that becomes confusing
All the people I have talked with about Skype agreed that the new app is confusing and comes with pointless features. Highlights? Seriously Skype developers? The purpose of the app was supposed to be calling and to make calling your friends and family a simple task. Instead you add a bunch of features that no one ever uses and make the app seem confusing and terrible with its hidden menus. Stop trying to make Skype something like Instagram or messenger - it will never happen. No one is using Skype anymore for status updates etc. You try so hard filling the app with pointless features that you manage to screw up things like sms(which sometimes is available and sometimes isn’t) and making the dial buttons sounds like a children’s toy phone(seriously annoying). I really lost all hope and doubt that the app will improve judging by its history.
Does its work. Chats and calls.
It works ok. But I prefer its classic look.
Would be better as well to be able to pay twice less amounts for call fee package.
As I need it only from time to time
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 125.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2018 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up 5,49 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.