The Handy Tips Guide to the iPad
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iPad, and with iTunes on your computer. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iPad. Books with interactive features may work best on an iPad. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
The Handy Tips Guide™ to the iPad is quite simply one of the most comprehensive illustrated tips book available anywhere for the iPad. This brand new edition has been fully revised, expanded and updated and covers iOS 8 in depth.
Jump in, discover its secrets now. The Handy Tips Guide™ is the book equivalent of an expert friend. It gives you a helpful hand the minute you ask for it. A truly exceptional guide, each chapter is filled with gold nuggets of tips, succinct and to the point. Presented in a logical order that allows you to jump to any page you want, precisely when you need it, giving you answers, fast.
There are an indulgent amount of high definition screenshots that complement the clear and concise writing to help you better understand. A wonderful feature of The Handy Tips Guide™ is that you can pinch-apart the images so they expand for a more detailed view, and pinch-together or press the X to return to normal book view.
The team behind The Handy Tips Guide™ understands that iPad users have different levels of familiarity with the iPad, there are foundation tips for complete beginners, and advanced tips for those who are experts but want to truly get the most out of their iPad user experience.
Download the free sample.
Featuring over 200 independently researched and tested feature explanations this is the book that experts can learn from.
With intuitive presentation and a truly comprehensive range of tips The Handy Tips Guide™ will empower you to get the very most out of your iPad.
Just some of the things you can discover:
- Secret Keyboard Controls
- Time Saving Punctuation
- Set the orientation lock
- Opening, closing, moving, renaming, deleting folders
- Installing, pausing, organizing and deleting apps
- Use Multitasking to switch between open apps
- Using Bluetooth with your iPad
- Prioritise Wi-Fi signal over 3G /4G
- Track your data usage
- Group emails by thread
- Search, archive and delete emails
- Share your email inbox between multiple email accounts
- Add contacts, add contact photos, share contacts
- Saving images from the internet
- Search a webpage
- Change Safari's default search engine
- How to protect your internet browsing history
- How to focus on a subject when using the inbuilt camera
- Use Maps app to see where photos were taken, or where contacts live
- Use Maps, check traffic conditions.
- Use your iPad as a digital picture frame
- View and hide photos with a pinch
- Use other apps whilst using FaceTime
- Have fun with Photo Booth
- How to set-up and use FaceTime and improve call quality
- Show Music controls when using other apps
- Speed up, slow down, or replay the last 30 seconds of a podcast
- Browse an album's tracklist
- Game Center, see your worldwide ranking, play multiplayer games
- Calendar. How to navigate it and view birthdays.
- Notes. How to save and sync notes.
- Security. Secure your iPad. Erase all data.
- How to locate a lost or stolen iPad.
- Use AirPlay to stream media from your iPad
- Video Mirroring, output your iPad to your HDTV
- Use your iPad with your Apple TV
- Accessibility features.
- How to back-up and restore your iPad
What's New in Version 2.0
The book has been fully revised, expanded and updated. It cover the new features that have been implemented with recent software updates including iOS 8. There is more coverage of pre-installed apps. There is a new user interface that is more attractive and easier to user and allows better navigation.