By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
BioShock – one of the greatest games of all time is now on the Mac!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Welcome to Rapture. A city where opportunity awaits those brave enough to grasp it. A city where the artist need not fear the censor. Where the scientist is not bound by petty morality. Where the great are not held back by the weak.
Set in an alternate 1960, BioShock places you in the middle of an underwater utopia gone badly wrong. With a provocative and intelligent storyline, this is a game that is alternately beautiful, thrilling, funny, frightening and always involving. An experience that makes you think while you play.
Download and try the BioShock demo from our downloads area: downloads.feralinteractive.com
• Award-winning – BioShock has won numerous game of the year awards and features in Metacritic’s top 10 highest rated games of all time.
• Genre blender – Combines a clever mix of genres: First-person shooter with elements of role-playing and stealth.
• Superb visual style – An art deco world with advanced visual effects combine to create a creepy, immersive environment in which players can lose themselves.
• Sophisticated concept and story line – BioShock incorporates ideas about science and politics, raising profound questions about human nature, the role of government in society, and the morality of harming individuals for the greater good.
• Replayability – No two gamers will play BioShock the same way. Players are encouraged to explore all the nooks and crannies of Rapture.
• Exquisite sound design – Outstanding voice acting helps drive the narrative. Music from the 1940s and 1950s echoes through Rapture’s abandoned hallways.
Praise for BioShock:
5/5 MacFormat Choice Award – “It’s the intellectual underpinning of the concept that makes BioShock such a departure from run-of-the-mill shooters.” – MacFormat
4.5/5 – “…BioShock’s engrossing story and original vision combine to make a unique gaming experience as haunting as it is beautiful.” – Macworld
5/5 Editors’ Choice Award – “BioShock lives up to the hype and is one of the best first-person shooters available for the Mac.” – Mac|Life
9.25/10 – “Would you want to buy this game? Well, if you like being scared out of your wits by half-human monstrosities, chased by a drill-wielding big daddy, or just like the idea of firing insects from your arms, this is the game for you.” – InsideMacGames
5/5 – “BioShock isn’t a game I want to just play, it’s a game I want to talk about. It raises questions and themes that bear discussion, while leaving most everything open to your interpretation. Is there a right and wrong in Rapture?” – Appletell
Important information regarding BioShock:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• BioShock does not support Intel GMA series graphics cards.
• In order to run the game with satisfactory performance, your Mac must meet these minimum system requirements: 1.4GHz CPU / 1.5GB RAM / 8GB Free Space / 128MB Graphics Card (not Intel GMA).
• Full system requirements are available on the BioShock mini-site at feralinteractive.com/bioshock.
• BioShock 2 is now also available on the Mac App Store.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
• Improves stability.
• Adds support for additional game controllers.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
- 17,99 €
- Category: Games
- Updated: 19 April 2012
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 7.25 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Developer: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © 2002-2009 Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. Developed by 2K Boston and 2K Australia. BioShock, 2K Games, the 2K logo, 2K Boston, the 2K Boston logo, 2K Australia, the 2K Australia logo and Take-Two Interactive Software are all trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in the USA and/or foreign countries. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. Unreal® is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998-2009, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Havok.com™ Middle-ware Physics System ©1999-2009 Telekinesys Research, Ltd. All rights reserved. See www.havok.com for more details. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.4 or later