By Onomaly LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tired of that “alone in the Universe” feeling? Based on the famous equation by Dr. Frank Drake, DrakeEQ HD for the iPad provides an elegant 3-D simulation of the Milky Way Galaxy and the number of computed intelligent civilizations that it may contain.
Learn about the Drake Equation and easily perform beautiful thought experiments with this one-of-a-kind visual tool. DrakeEQ is both educational and entertaining.
This tool, like the equation itself, is designed to stimulate your curiosity in the answer to the questions: Are we alone? Where is everybody?
Are we alone?:
DrakeEQ HD computes/displays civilization count and draws them to the display.
Where is everybody?:
DrakeEQ HD approaches the Fermi Paradox by positioning the civilizations in 3D space and computing the average distances between them.
50% off pricing for enrollees of the Volume Purchase Program for Education. Perfect for Astronomy students!
DrakeEQ HD features:
• Version 5.0 has been optimized for iOS 7! Works great on iOS 6 too!
• Enter parameter values with keyboard or use pop ups to fine-tune results
• Run a configurable passage of time simulation and watch colonies expand and contract
• Activate a quasar from the Milky Way's black hole, Sagittarius-A*
• Highlight the solar system
• Display average distance between civilizations
• Change star system colors
• Tweet results!
• Ideal thought experiment tool!
The Drake equation states that:
N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible
R* = the average rate of star formation in our galaxy
fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
fℓ = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point
fi = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life
fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
L = the length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into space.
Drake equation. In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia.
See our iPhone version too!
**We're celebrating 7 years on the App Store. Thanks for all your support!!**
Follow us on Twitter for update information @onomaly
What's New in Version 5.1.0
iOS 8.0 compatibility
- 0,99 €
- Category: Education
- Updated: 04 October 2014
- Version: 5.1.0
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Onomaly LLC
- © Onomaly Extraterrestrial Software 2008-2015 Onomaly LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.