By Ossus GmbH
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Eponyms brings a short description of more than 1'700 common and obscure medical eponyms (e.g., Rovsing's sign, Virchow's node) to your Mac. A perfect tool to quickly look up the meaning of any eponym.
It uses the beautiful eponym database of Andrew J. Yee (http://www.eponyms.net/) who still maintains the database, updates can be installed right from within Eponyms.
• More than 1'700 eponyms, updates can be downloaded right from within the App
• Full text search
• 28 categories
• Customizable "starred" list to keep track of the eponyms you tend to forget
• List of recently accessed eponyms
• Learn mode
• Print the currently active list of eponyms
Learn mode randomly displays eponyms from the category you're currently visiting. This way you can either learn eponyms from a given category, only the ones that you've starred, the ones matching a given search term or just all of them.
What's New in Version 1.1
• You can now print eponyms
• Made the bigger/smaller buttons work