Exporter for Contacts: Converter for Excel, CSV, and many other formats
By Stefan Keller
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Exporter for Contacts (was "Export Address Book") is a time-tested and reliable Mac app that lets you export contacts, whole groups and whole address books to a CSV or Excel file and many, many other formats such as tab-delimited text, XML+XSLT and customizable vCards. It lets you decide which contact fields will be exported and in which order they will be. The app comes with predefined export templates for common applications such as Outlook for Windows or Gmail. You can also create your own templates to make repeated exports easier.
The app is continually kept up-to-date and works on all operating systems from OS X 10.6 upwards, including OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- Exporter for Contacts can create an Excel Workbook file (.xlsx). No more exporting and importing CSV files into Excel only for the file to look all funky and screwed up. Leading zeros, special characters and dates are exported correctly.
- Lets you make your own export templates to use again in the future
- It recognizes fields with custom labels.
- It lets you export phone numbers in a uniform format (can be disabled in the settings if required).
- It can create custom vCards and it lets you decide which info will be put into those vCards.
- It supports the "Distribution List" feature of Apple's Contacts app.
Please note that -- in contrast to the languages listed here on the App Store page -- the user interface of the app is localized to English and German only.
If you have questions or suggestions please contact the author. Please do not use the review system of the App Store to ask questions. There is no way for developers to respond to reviews.
What's New in Version 1.9.10
This update fixes a performance issue to speed up adding contacts to the export list.
- 6,99 €
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 20 July 2016
- Version: 1.9.10
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Stefan Keller
- © 2006—2016 Stefan Keller, subclassed.com
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor