Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iCaching is an indispensable tool for geocachers with a Mac. Import, organize, manage, explore and export your geocaches with iCaching! A native, fast Mac App. Tested on Snow-Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite.
====== Import ======
Import GPX-files with geocache data straight from Geocaching.com from within the App. Or import GPX- or LOC-files by the import button, or drag and drop them into iCaching.
Each GPX-file will be imported into it's own folder.
iCaching also supports the Geocaching Live API. You can query the geocaching.com database straight from within iCaching.
====== Organize, manage and explore ======
Explore your whole cache-library with the special 'Library'-folders. View your founds, first founds, favorited caches and so on. Sort on all properties of the caches.
You can easily add folders and organize your geocaches with drag and drop. Each cache has only one instance in the database.
Extra waypoints (for multi's) are added to the cache and visible on the waypoints-tab.
Logs are added and sorted on the logs-tab. Every time you import a new version of the geocache, new logs are added to the loglist.
Other tabs display the cache metadata, offline descriptions and the cache-webpage.
View the cache(s) on a map with or without additional waypoints and/or your home-location. This map is interactive; select caches or waypoints on the map to view their properties in iCaching and vice-versa.
An extended search-pane helps you to sort out your caches by all properties of the cache. Save your search-filter as a Smart Folder, for later use of the same filter.
iCaching can contain multiple home- or centerlocations and calculates distance and bearing on the fly.
Add your own notes and like or dislike a cache. You can also add and remove favorite-points.
GCVote is build in. iCaching queries for GCVote on every import, and you can rate a cache on GCVote when you have a GCVote-account.
====== Export ======
iCaching can export to GPX and to a lot of other file-formats (e.g. csv, html, poi etc).
You can also export directly to a whole list of GPS-devices (Garmin, Magellan, DeLorme), including paperless devices like e.g. Garmins Oregon series.
To make usage of the entire range of iCaching functionalities you need a premium membership at geocaching.com
If you have feature-wishes or discovered something that doesn't work as expected, please contact us! You'll always get a response.
And of course: if you like iCaching, recommend it with a review!
In short, happy caching with iCaching!
What's New in Version 4.98.2
Version 4.98.2 (June 2015)
- Support new 'token expiration' behaviour of the Groundspeak API
- Minor bugfixes
Version 4.98.1 (May 2015)
- Export additional waypoints when exporting to CSV
- Export (only) own logs when exporting the ‘My Finds’ folder, to make this export compatible with statistic tools.
- You can delete caches using the delete and backspace key (in addition to the existing cmd-backspace keystroke)
- Refresh of the folder list happened too often leading to wrong behaviour
- User’s cache notes were not always saved
- More minor stability fixes
Version 4.97.5 (March 2015)
- Groundspeak changed the API limits without notice. This version obeys to the new limits, fixes getting Logs.
Version 4.97 (February 2015)
- Added Geocache attributes to the top of the cache description when exporting to GPX (without iCaching or GSAK extentions).
- List of logs on Log tab sometimes wasn't refreshed
- Maximum description length for photos in logs
- GCVote credentials were not always accepted
- Persisting unpublished logs wasn't always handled correctly
- Other minor improvements
- Bugfixes in export
Version 4.96 (January 2015)
Bugfix sorting cache table
Bugfix CSV export line feeds
Version 4.95 (January 2015)
- Complete new CSV export, contains much more info
- Added CompeGPS devices
- Bugfix API queries in miles
Version 4.90 (November 2014)
- New application icon
- New look in Yosemite
- Fixed search issue
- Fixed Map icons display for Retina displays
Version 4.85 (November 2014)
Fixed the Map icon display
Version 4.80 (October 2014):
- Kilometer / Miles now respects the system locale settings. Filtering on Distance From Home now gives a consistent result independent of the used distance unit.
- The API Query dialog now maximizes the distance from a centerpoint to 50km as does the Groundspeak API
- It is no longer possible to use the Refresh Logs button for non Groundspeak caches
- The Help is back
- Other minor fixes
Version 4.70 (September 2014):
- Several bugfixes
New in version 4.60:
- Extended the main menu (at the top of your screen) with entries for Geocaches, Folders and extra View items.
- Hide and collapse the left pane, the activity pane (bottom left) and the info tabs.
- The activity pane now shows the number of caches skipped during import.
- iCaching now recognizes the new names Groundspeak gave to Mystery Caches and several waypoint types. On export iCaching uses the legacy names to stay compatible with your GPS device.
- An extra column in the cachelist for the hint.
- Clicking on the cache-icon on the info tab brings you to the cachepage in your favorite browser.
- Added the Garmin GPSMap 76 and 78 series
Fixed in version 4.60:
- iCaching handles the timezone-difference between the GPS-finds file and the users timezone correctly.
- iCaching works around a timezone bug in the Geocaching API, your find dates will no longer shift days.
- The crash some users have during import should now finally be solved.
New in version 4.5
- Logging of geocaches to geocaching.com (Mac OS X Lion or later):
- Create a queue of one or more logs
- Use the fieldnotes from your paperless Garmin or Magellan device
- Edit one or more logs at the same time
- iCaching keeps track of your find count, rearrange the order of logs by drag and drop
- Add photos to your logs by drag and drop (and remove them by dragging them from the photostack)
- Add titles and descriptions to photos
- Unsend logs are stored on your Mac
- Added support for Garmin GPSMap64 and Falk Lux and Falk IBEX32 GPS devices
- Improved Retina support: interface icons and cache icons on the Map