Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iCaching is an indispensable tool for geocachers with a Mac. Import, organize, manage, explore and export your geocaches with iCaching! A native, fast Mac App. Tested on Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan and Sierra.
====== Import ======
Import GPX- or LOC-files using the import button, or drag and drop them into iCaching.
Import Pocket Queries directly from Geocaching.com from the Pocket Query window. iCaching also notifies you when new PQs are ready for download.
Each Pocket Query will be imported into it's own folder.
iCaching also supports the Geocaching Live API. You can query geocaches from Geocaching.com using all kinds of filters.
====== Organize, manage and explore ======
Explore your geocache library with the special 'Library'-folders. View your finds, favorited caches and so on. Sort on all properties of the caches.
You can easily add folders and organize your geocaches with drag and drop. Each cache has only one instance in the database.
The tabs under the geocache list show the different aspects of the selected geocache. The Info tab shows the metadata. In this tab you can also add your own note, corrected coordinates, like or dislike a cache and add or remove Favorites.
The description tab shows the offline description. The Webpage tab shows the geocache page on Geoaching.com.
The additional waypoints (for multi's) are show on the waypoints tab, with descriptions and a map.
Logs are shown on the logs-tab. Every time you import a new version of the same geocache, new logs are added to the loglist.
The last tab shows the Images that are related to the cache. You can easily export them to Garmin devices for reference 'in the field'.'
The Map window displays geocache(s) and additional waypoints on a map. This map is interactive; select caches or waypoints on the map to view their properties in iCaching and vice-versa. You can switch between map types, including Open Street Maps.
An extended search window helps you to sort out caches by all properties of the cache. You can save your filter as a Smart Folder, for later use.
iCaching can contain multiple home- or centerlocations and calculates distance and bearing from there for all geocaches on the fly.
GCVote is build in. iCaching queries for GCVote on every import, and you can rate a cache on GCVote when you have a GCVote-account.
====== Export ======
iCaching can export to GPX, GGZ, CSV and to a lot of other file-formats
You can also export directly to a whole list of GPS-devices (Garmin, Magellan, DeLorme), including paperless devices like e.g. Garmins Oregon series.
====== Logging ======
After a cache trip, easily log your finds with iCaching. You can read the visits file from your paperless GPS.
iCaching also provides the ability to log Travelbugs and to add pictures to your logs.
To make usage of the entire range of iCaching functionalities you need a premium membership at geocaching.com
If you have feature-wishes or discovered something that doesn't work as expected, please contact us! You'll always get a response.
And of course: if you like iCaching, recommend it with a review!
In short, happy caching with iCaching!
What's New in Version 6.0.2
Version 6.0.2 (January 2017)
- Visit from here (autovisit) is now the default log type for trackables in your inventory
- Help descriptions regarding logging
- For some users the Geocaching account was not persisted
- Several minor crashes
Version 6.0 (January 2017)
- GGZ file export for modern Garmin GPS devices (implemented in 'Export to File').
- Autovisit travelbugs. Mark your travelbug as autovisiting and it will visit all geocaches in your log batch.
- Download your owned geocaches with one click from the new Library menu.
- Download your found geocaches in a more clear way via a new dialog from the new Library menu.
- Added Garmin 700 Series GPS
- Write note logs for travelbugs now possible without tracking code
- Fixed crash on opening API window when one of the Folders has no name
- Fixed several possible crashes when logging travelbugs. And sometimes TB logs were lost when navigating through the logs in the logs window.
- Fixed missing geocaches when exporting to Garmin devices. Downloading geocaches via the Geocaching.com API could include invalid characters in cache or log descriptions. This made Garmin devices stop importing the data. Now iCaching filters these characters during import and export.
- When exporting to CSV virtual waypoints (no locations) are no longer exported.
- Fixed issues in main window which could make parts of the window disappear.
- Fixed slow typing in note.