* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
The brand new, redesigned Messenger app is now easier to use, simpler to navigate and more fun.
Messenger has been simplified into three tabs—People, Chat and Explore.
-Chat tab lets you quickly access all your messages (1:1 and groups), video chat, call, use the camera and even catch up on friends' Stories.
-People tab helps you find friends, both new and old.
-Explore tab connects you to your favorite brands, find discounts, play games and more in explore.
Plus, new color gradients make your chat more colorful too!
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely unusable app, notifications don’t work or profile pictures of my friends are not showing, tried resetting my watch, deleting and re-installing the app, and nothing helped! I can’t see new messages from friends, just three days old! maybe some close update will help !!!🙄😬😠👎🏻
Kind of a mess
The UI is slow to fully appear, “last online” times will update on a log delay and often show online users as offline, read receipts sometimes don’t work, etc...
The worst of it though is notifications. I’ve given Messenger complete Notifications permissions in the Settings and still I don’t receive Push notifications for some users.
My girlfriend for instance will send me messages throughout the day and of those messages maybe one batch will have notifications and all the rest will fail to arrive and I’ll only see them because of the unread counter on the app icon. Works better when the app is kept in the background but I still miss the majority.
Worth it? I say it's not!
Facebook Messenger is the best app in terms of reaching pretty much anyone alive today. The only thing you need to know to text them is their name. It's also good that you can sign up without having to create a Facebook account. However, Messenger is one of the few apps that don't have end-to-end encryption turned on by default, which is probably motivated by Facebook's current financial model - making the users the products by selling sensitive information to 3rd parties. This is a fundamental flaw in the way Facebook operates that should not be tolerated by its users. Thus, to everyone who is not willing to give up their right to privacy I recommend Whatsapp.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 228.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.