By Christopher Weems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Jumbo Calculator is the super simple large-buttoned calculator for everyone, ages 2-92*. While sadly you can't feel the exquisite texture of its large plastic buttons (and the included solar panel doesn't actually charge your battery), Jumbo Calculator succeeds at its main purposes: adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. One size fits all.
· Easy to read and find buttons (you might be able to touch type on a touchscreen).
· Retina graphics for iPad with Retina Display.
· Simple gestures for backspace (swipe the calculator screen) and copy & paste (double tap).
· A smaller version of the calculator in landscape for when you're just too tired to stretch your fingers.
· VoiceOver support for blind and low-vision users.
· Full support for entry via a Bluetooth keyboard, including ⌘C for copy and ⌘V for paste.
If you're under the age of 2, parental supervision is recommended. If you're over the age of 92, of course you're welcome to use Jumbo Calculator.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
• Fixes a bug when upgrading to Jumbo Calculator Plus.
New in 1.2:
• Copy and Paste by double tapping the calculator display.
• Jumbo Calculator is now ad-supported. (see note below)
• Pressing clear while entering a calculation now only clears the last entered term instead of your entire calculation.
• Larger font in portrait mode. (Put your glasses away, the original Jumbo font is back!)
• VoiceOver support for blind and low vision users. (Available in English & Italian.)
• Much improved support for international number formats.
• Fixes a keyboard delay after a period of inactivity.
• Decimal input is no longer limited to 6 decimal places.
• Multiplying or dividing a string of numbers now updates the screen mid calculation.
• Calculator memory is no longer cleared when screen locks and "Clear Calculator On Launch" is enabled.
• Fixes a bug with Jumbo Calculator losing connection to a Bluetooth keyboard.
• Localized for Italian speakers.
***Jumbo Calculator is now ad-supported. While there are now banner ads at the bottom of the screen, Jumbo will never resort to popup ads when you launch the app, nor will it ever have large blinking ads that interrupt you while calculating. If you prefer an ad-free experience, Jumbo Calculator Plus is available on the App Store for $0.99.
****If you are a teacher using Jumbo Calculator in your classroom, email me at email@example.com from your school email address for information on how to receive a free and ad-free version of Jumbo Calculator.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 22 April 2013
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 6.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Japanese
- Developer: Christopher Weems
- © 2010-2013 Christopher Weems
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.