The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, optimised to help you stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Communicate easily with the people in your life through free Skype-to-Skype video/audio calls, personalised messaging and low-rate calling to mobiles and landlines around the world.
• Message: Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis, react to messages and more.
• Groups: Free group video and audio calling for up to 25 participants, group chat with up to 300 people, and plan or play with bots, add-ins and personalised features
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
Note: Skype-to-Skype calls and messages are always free when used on an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection. Otherwise, operator data charges may apply.
iOS 10.0 or above.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
BooHiss for new changes 👎
Been using skype for years but very unhappy with constant changes like to snapshots between callers-hate only the split screen foto auto send, no ability to take a single shot of caller or something they are showing w/o split screen shot of 2nd caller, and most annoying is inability to turn off updates, no update, no access now! Grrrr! Also frustrating very very when talking to someone using big skype version and the limited capabilities there-no texting, no ability to send msg when that person is offline, and different functionality when using different devices!
It works ok but already longer time i have a bug with loading of some conversations. It's being crashed long time, but probably came with the last update.
Sometimes I also face the issue with undelivered conversations until i need to restart the app.
At last I miss also the synchro of the actual state between the app on iPad and PC app or Mac app-both the official clients.
A very bad experience
The app is very inconsistent in behavior and functionality. Sometimes the side panel can't be used, notifications don't really work and messages load weirdly. Unfortunately I think it's a problem of the whole platform, not just the client app.
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 136.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2019 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up 129,00 Kč
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.