By Dan Soper
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tap Metronome is a simple metronome for those who want quick access to a reliable metronome.
- Three ways to choose tempo: tap the speed you want, select from the picker list or type the number (access by tapping on the white tempo on the iPhone).
- Loud beeps: Volume as loud as possible to be audible above music. Visible volume control so you can increase it further.
- Choose the number of beats in the bar (from 1 to 7).
- Visible beat indicator.
- Rotate the view for a Landscape version, so you can put the device on a music stand without covering the speaker.
- Accurate: many of the free metronomes in the App Store are not accurate because they are based on old sample code, and over a number of seconds they get a beat out. This metronome is one of the few which is accurate for hours.
This app makes sounds even when your device is on silent, so that you can use it in situations where you want other phone functions silenced. To quickly mute the metronome, press the mute icon.
Look out for Tap Metronome Plus, which is ad-free, provides many more sounds, and has a screen flash function.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Completely new design and icon for iOS 7.
- A few bug fixes.
- The metronome now ignores the device's mute button so that you can use it in situations where other phone functions are silenced.
- You can quickly mute the metronome by pressing the mute icon to the left of the volume control.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 16 January 2014
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Daniel Soper
- © Dan Soper
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.