Feed your curiosity and expand your world with TED Talks.
Explore more than 3,000 free videos and learn from the world's most remarkable people. Search by any mood or topic, from tech and science to the surprises of your own psychology.
Features on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch:
・Browse the TED Talks video library, with subtitles in over 100 languages
・Discover inspiring, funny, or jaw-dropping talks and curated playlists
・Sign in to your TED profile to sync saved talks across devices
・Play videos on your device or send to your home entertainment system via AirPlay or Chromecast
・Let us build you a custom playlist - tailored to fit your ideal timeframe
・Download talks to watch offline
・Bookmark talks to watch later
Download the TED app to stay curious, informed, and inspired.
This release of the TED app is focused on stability and adding support for the new iPad Pro. Here's the full lowdown:
- We now natively support the new iPad Pro models.
- There were a few rendering issues with our new audio player, so we rendered them obsolete!
- The audio player now properly formats the time remaining and elapsed based on your current location.
- We now do a better job of cleaning up after ourselves when you switch subtitle languages.
- There was a comical amount of spacing between action buttons on the content detail screens. Our designers didn't see the humor though, so we fixed it.
- The list of subtitle languages under Settings is now alphabetized by your current location.
- We fixed a few different crashes you reported on iOS 12. If you're still seeing issues, please contact us!
We hope you enjoy the new release. If you run into any issues or have general feedback on our app, email us at email@example.com.
ps. We don't prompt you for a review in the app because we don't want to take away from your time with our speakers. However, if you are enjoying TED for iOS, please take a moment to rate and review us on the App Store. It really helps us out!
Ratings and Reviews
Be inspired by some of the brightest minds of today.
Great app with one issue
Having TED talks on the go is great and the app is very user friendly. My only concern is that downloading videos is a bit complicated. The app won't show which talks are downloaded completely and which are not until you open the talk. You cannot even re-initiate download of all those incomplete talks at once, which would solve most of the problem. Other than that the app is great.
Not sure what is the purpose of the app as the most important function (downloads and offline playback) does not work. Marking a video to download puts it into the download list with no way to tell if the video is actually downloaded. There is no progress bar, or a way how to remove it from the list. Which means you can “download” 20 videos for your flight only to find out that only 3 of them are on your device.
- TED Conferences
- 146.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 TED Conferences, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.