"Simply remarkable, […] you’re nuts if you don’t try Apollo." - John Gruber, Daring Fireball
"The best Reddit app for iOS" - The Sweet Setup
"Apollo is the best Reddit client I have ever used. Period." - iMore
"Apollo makes the wild world of Reddit more accessible than ever before, and it may just be the best designed social feed app I've ever used." - MacStories
"Apollo is the only Reddit app you need." - TechCrunch
"Beautiful, modern, and fast." - MacRumors
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit app built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It's created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
- Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
- Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
- Tabbed interface for easy navigating
- Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
- Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
- Large or compact posts depending on your preference
- Dark mode (can be automatic)
- Fully customizable gestures
- Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
- Inline previews of media in comments
- 3D Touch support
- Beautifully organized Inbox
- Filtering and blocking
- Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
- Moderator features
- Tons of settings to tweak
- GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
- Multiple accounts
- Powerful search
- Full Markdown rendering
- Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
As well as much, much more and it's constantly evolving. If you have anything you'd specifically like to see, come to the ApolloApp subreddit and we'd love to hear it!
Apollo is an unofficial app, and side effects may include an incredible browsing experience.
[Take 2 at this update, small bug let through in the first one, I shall wear my dumb dumb hat.]
I've got a Christmas gift coming a few days early for y'all! This one's a pretty big update featuring an amazing holiday themed icon from the super talented Qi Sandor, as well as a ton of bug fixes that have been making the holiday season a little less merry.
- Our monthly new icon is a gorgeous new holiday themed icon by the amazingly talented Qi Sandor. "Ye Snow Guardian"
- Basically rewrote the code around tables in Apollo (commonly used in sports subreddits to display scores, stats, and whatnot) to create a much better experience. In addition to some annoying bugs disappearing, there's a ton of great features like a sticky top-header that stays to give you context as you scroll, a similar sticky left column so as you scroll left-to-right through a wide set of data you can keep your context too. Oh, and the columns are sortable too, simply tap one of the headers to sort that column, which is great for rearranging data to better understand or visualize what's going on.
- Bug around where the app could crash on sign in and subsequent launches.
- Bug where submitting comments and posts could freeze the app a little bit, now submitting posts and comments should be faster with immediately let you go onto your next task of viewing kitten GIFs (just me?)
- Bug where Streamable videos would sometimes only have audio for the first few seconds before the video showed up. Also fixed a Streamable bug around some videos not being recognized.
- Zooming in the media viewer is a lot smoother and just all around better, in that if a higher quality version of the image finishes downloading, it no longer resets zoom position, you can even keep zooming smoothly if the image is downloaded while you're still zooming, it'll just swap it in seamlessly.
- Bug where you'd try to swipe away the media viewer but it would just bounce.
- Bug where sometimes the media viewer would jump to the top left of the picture (whatchu doin up there?).
- Weird bug where collapsing a comment after voting could cause it to lose its vote. This was thankfully just a visual glitch (all votes were still going through) but it was still a silly one, so glad to have that fixed.
- Bug where tapping on a link could result in a 404 error due to the URL text being decoded improperly, so now all URLs (even the weird ones) should load beautifully.
- Bug where a mysterious floating box would obstruct the content for seemingly no reason.
- Bug where apostrophes and other characters when inside a comment spoiler would be rendered incorrectly.
- Bug where some pictures would flash briefly before showing the higher resolution image.
- Bug where when in landscape or with a really tall/fullscreen GIF the progress bar would be in a weird location, it's now been convinced to stay closer to the bottom WHERE IT BELONGS.
- Bug where certain Reddit URLs if tapped would bring you to the wrong location. One of them just brought you to a random r/Vancouver post! sup vancouver
- Bug where unsubscribing was kinda weird, in that after you unsubscribed the status wouldn't really update properly, now your action should be properly reflected in the app.
- Fixed bug where when you rotated GIFs occasionally black magic would occur.
- Lots of other small fixes and tweaks.
Hope you all have an awesome holiday season, from Christmas to Hanukkah to Kwanzaa to any other one! You've seriously made my Christmas amazing with the incredible support you've given Apollo over the last year. It seriously makes my heart just full of happy. Y'all are the best.
If you're looking for an awesome gift for someone, or just to Treat Yo Self™, Apollo Pro or Ultra is the best way to say "I love you", "you're a great friend", or "thanks for that pie when my microwave exploded". Plus it helps me out to keep developing this app and making it better and better, your support is what keeps this app alive! Thank you!!
Ratings and Reviews
Extrem guter Client
Übersichtlich und tolle features.
Beste Alternative zu Alien Blue
Wer auf der Suche nach einem AlienBlue Ersatz ist, wird hier fündig. Wem die Reddit eigene App nicht zusagt, und den Ansatz von AlienBlue vermisst - das ist die App für dich.
Sehr ansprechendes Design, durchdachtes Handling und interessante Ideen. Dazu noch ein Entwickler, der sich richtig ins Zeug legt und viele Anregungen der Nutzer selber hört und auch umsetzen will. Was möchte man mehr?
Lässt sich kostenfrei nutzen, aber wenn euch die App gefällt und Ihr es in eurem Herzen fühlt: unterstützt den Entwickler mit einem In-App Kauf. Die Investition lohnt sich!
Apollo ist eine Reddit-App, die nicht nur perfekt zum Design von iOS passt, sondern auch funktional nichts vermissen lässt.
Besonders gut gefällt mir die Darstellung der Kommentare und der integrierte Texteditor mit Formatierungsvorschau.
Klare Empfehlung von mir, vor allem weil sich die App für alltägliche Zwecke auch kostenlos und werbefrei benutzen lässt! Erst für erweiterte Funktionen wird ein einmaliger In-App-Kauf fällig.
- Christian Selig
- 65.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Christian Selig 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Apollo Pro 3,49 €
- Apollo Pro 5,49 €
- Apollo Ultra Monthly 0,99 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.